more on ivisit

  • Teresa Almeida d'Eça
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2002
      Dear EVonliners:

      After Vance's message about iVisit yesterday, I contacted my dear
      friend, Claire Siskin, about it. I'd like to share with you what she
      has to say (with her permission):

      "In my experience, iVisit is fairly reliable for a chat with up to 10
      or so participants. Occasionally the video "poofs" or disappears and
      the user has to re-connect. I don't know how it would be if there were
      more participants. I don't have enough experience with other software
      to be able to compare it."

      Then I remembered that during our October teleconference Claire had to
      through out this pervert who suddenly showed up. So I also asked her
      how to deal with that. Here's her two cents:

      "The weird people on iVisit . . . are a problem. They are supposed to
      stay in the "Romance" section, but they don't. In my experience, there
      are 3 ways of dealing with this. One is to have a password-protected
      room. The other is to have a moderator with a password who can "boot"
      people out if they don't behave. The other is to just ignore these
      people, and then they go away after a few minutes."

      Though my limited experience has been convincing, I guess iVisit is
      out of the question for Ismail's session mainly for the participant
      limitation.

      I hope this sheds a little more light about it for all of you.

      Best, Teresa