IRC troubleshooting

  • Susanne Nyrop
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2002
      Hi Vance.

      In our calendar, a session today (moderated by Vance) is scheduled
      for 18-19 GMT

      My first try to connect to this java-based IRC (internet relay chat)
      was unsuccesful. I managed to slowly load the site with the IRC
      applet, and get a reading field plus a typing line etc - but still
      something is missing for obtaining connection. I am prompted for a
      code (of some kind - I forgot by now what is the question)

      Is there a registration procedure or something else I have overlooked?

      I unchecked the audio

      http://irc.macam.ac.il/oded/jirc/default.asp?roomname=802
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2002
        Yeah, I'm having a little trouble with it myself.

        It doesn't work at all in Netscape.

        In IE when I try to Config to change my name from Guest it sort of stalls with
        connect now greyed out and nothing much else to do. I hit the back button and
        I'm out of the chat. I tried it before and it seemed to work fine. I guess
        as long as I call myself Guest I'm ok.

        Don't know what to say. I was invited. I'll get on Yahoo and maybe even
        tapped in and try to work it out.

        Guest

        Susanne Nyrop wrote:

        > Hi Vance.
        >
        > In our calendar, a session today (moderated by Vance) is scheduled
        > for 18-19 GMT
        >
        > My first try to connect to this java-based IRC (internet relay chat)
        > was unsuccesful. I managed to slowly load the site with the IRC
        > applet, and get a reading field plus a typing line etc - but still
        > something is missing for obtaining connection. I am prompted for a
        > code (of some kind - I forgot by now what is the question)
        >
        > Is there a registration procedure or something else I have overlooked?
        >
        > I unchecked the audio
        >
        > http://irc.macam.ac.il/oded/jirc/default.asp?roomname=802

        > For more information:
        > http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm
        >
        > Syllabus:
        > http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/syllabus.htm

      • dygonza
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2002
          Me too, I can download it easity from IE but then I have the same
          problem as Vance, when I try to change my user name, the connect now
          button is disabled. I am @guest. It says that only allows 13 global
          users.
          Please, let us know where we will meet.
          Thanks,
          Dafne

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@y..., Vance Stevens <vstevens@e...>

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2002
            I'll be at Tapped In and Yahoo Messenger, maybe even MSN Messenger, and the
            chat indicated of course.