Getting set up on Geocities and creating web pages there

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2002
      Hi all,

      I've just been looking at JoAnn Miller's EVOnline Internet for Beginners guide
      Week Six: Making a Webpage Using Yahoo Geocities
      http://www.geocities.com/idiomas_teachers/Week6.htm

      Coincidentally, Week 5 in Webheads in Action was on much the same topic
      http://www.vancestevens.com/papers/evonline2002/week5.htm
      http://lightning.prohosting.com/~vstevens/papers/evonline2002/week5.htm

      I'm adding a link Joan's guide to the above web page (and you are welcome to
      reciprocate).

      Topics covered were:
      Setting up your own web presence - starting a web page
      Creating your web page - instructions for using Netscape Communictor, Front
      Page, etc.
      Uploading your files to your web site - using file managers or WS-FTP
      Code you can add to your page: Wimba
      More code you can add to your page: GroupBoard
      Tracking your bookmarks - using web services for this or making this a reason
      to design your own web pages

      I'm still working on this page and on the follow-on for week 6 where we discuss
      image manipulation and other web-page development issues.