Re: [evonline2002_webheads] I apologize if this is off topic... but can anyone help?

  • isa
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 4, 2003
      Fernanda Rodrigues wrote:

      > I apologize if this is off topic... but can anyone help?
      >
      > Can anyone identify this monument/town/country?
      >
      > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/class10g/photo.html

      It would look like a totem on the right. One man has a fish at his waiste, a salmon it looks like.

      And the building judging by the dome looks like a government building.

      That would put it somewhere on the Northwest Coast, British Columbia or Alaska.

      Just guessing

      isa

      --
      copyright c.kocher 2002

      <<<>>>

      twin towers of steel
      shimmering in sunlight
      standing tall always

      out of twisted steel
      from that terrible furnace
      they forge us new hope
    • Arnold Mühren
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 5, 2003
        Hi Fernanda, and Isa,

        I found your query about the monument an interesting search task. My
        departure was Isa's spot-on analysis of the picture. I am sure this is the
        place you have been looking for:

        http://www.planetware.com/photos/CDN/BCG025.HTM

        British Columbia Parliament Buildings in Victoria, Canada. You will find
        more pictures on the web.

        Cheers, Arnold

        At 07:37 5-10-2003, you wrote:

        >Fernanda Rodrigues wrote:
        >
        > > I apologize if this is off topic... but can anyone help?
        > >
        > > Can anyone identify this monument/town/country?
        > >
        > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/class10g/photo.html
        > >

        >It would look like a totem on the right. One man has a fish at his waiste,
        >a salmon it looks like.
        >
        >And the building judging by the dome looks like a government building.
        >
        >That would put it somewhere on the Northwest Coast, British Columbia or
        >Alaska.
        >
        >Just guessing
        >
        >isa
        >
        >--
        >copyright c.kocher 2002
        >
        ><<<>>>
        >
        >twin towers of steel
        >shimmering in sunlight
        >standing tall always
        >
        >out of twisted steel
        >from that terrible furnace
        >they forge us new hope

        >For more information:

        >extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

        >---
        >Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

      • Dafne
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 5, 2003
          You are completely right Arnold, I have been there.

          Daf

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Arnold Mühren

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          > >---

        • Fernanda Rodrigues
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 5, 2003
            You are amazing!
            Thanks a lot, Isa and Arnold! I thought it migh be in Canada, but I was
            looking in the wrong direction (cathedrals and abbeys)

            Fernanda

            On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 11:25:32 +0200
            Arnold Mühren <muhren2003@...> wrote:

            > Hi Fernanda, and Isa,
            >
            > I found your query about the monument an interesting search task. My
            > departure was Isa's spot-on analysis of the picture. I am sure this is the
            > place you have been looking for:
            >
            > http://www.planetware.com/photos/CDN/BCG025.HTM
            >
            > British Columbia Parliament Buildings in Victoria, Canada. You will find
            > more pictures on the web.
            >
            > Cheers, Arnold

            > At 07:37 5-10-2003, you wrote:
            >
            > >Fernanda Rodrigues wrote:
            > >
            > > > I apologize if this is off topic... but can anyone help?
            > > >
            > > > Can anyone identify this monument/town/country?
            > > >
            > > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/class10g/photo.html
            > > >

            > >It would look like a totem on the right. One man has a fish at his waiste,
            > >a salmon it looks like.
            > >
            > >And the building judging by the dome looks like a government building.
            > >
            > >That would put it somewhere on the Northwest Coast, British Columbia or
            > >Alaska.
            > >
            > >Just guessing
            > >
            > >isa
            > >
            > >--
            > >copyright c.kocher 2002
            > >
            > ><<<>>>
            > >
            > >twin towers of steel
            > >shimmering in sunlight
            > >standing tall always
            > >
            > >out of twisted steel
            > >from that terrible furnace
            > >they forge us new hope

            > >For more information:
            > >http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm
            > >
            > >When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other
            > >extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

            > >---

            > For more information:
            >
            > When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

            Fernanda Rodrigues
            Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
            Setúbal
            http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp
          • isa
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 5, 2003
              Fernanda Rodrigues wrote:

              > You are amazing!
              > Thanks a lot, Isa and Arnold! I thought it migh be in Canada, but I was looking in the wrong direction
              > (cathedrals and abbeys)

              Think nothing of it. You can have me canonized after the next consistory. [I guess my degree in anthropology has
              not gone entirely to waste either. Nor my interest in architecture, for that matter.]

              --
              copyright c.kocher 2002

              <<<>>>

              twin towers of steel