I apologize if this is off topic... but can anyone help?

  • Fernanda Rodrigues
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 4, 2003
      I apologize if this is off topic... but can anyone help?

      Can anyone identify this monument/town/country?

      http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/class10g/photo.html

      Fernanda
    • isa
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 4, 2003
        Fernanda Rodrigues wrote:

        > I apologize if this is off topic... but can anyone help?
        >
        > Can anyone identify this monument/town/country?
        >
        > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/class10g/photo.html

        It would look like a totem on the right. One man has a fish at his waiste, a salmon it looks like.

        And the building judging by the dome looks like a government building.

        That would put it somewhere on the Northwest Coast, British Columbia or Alaska.

        Just guessing

        isa

        --
        copyright c.kocher 2002

        <<<>>>

        twin towers of steel
        shimmering in sunlight
        standing tall always

        out of twisted steel
        from that terrible furnace
        they forge us new hope
      • Arnold Mühren
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 5, 2003
          Hi Fernanda, and Isa,

          I found your query about the monument an interesting search task. My
          departure was Isa's spot-on analysis of the picture. I am sure this is the
          place you have been looking for:

          http://www.planetware.com/photos/CDN/BCG025.HTM

          British Columbia Parliament Buildings in Victoria, Canada. You will find
          more pictures on the web.

          Cheers, Arnold

          At 07:37 5-10-2003, you wrote:

          >Fernanda Rodrigues wrote:
          >
          > > I apologize if this is off topic... but can anyone help?
          > >
          > > Can anyone identify this monument/town/country?
          > >
          > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/class10g/photo.html
          > >

          >It would look like a totem on the right. One man has a fish at his waiste,
          >a salmon it looks like.
          >
          >And the building judging by the dome looks like a government building.
          >
          >That would put it somewhere on the Northwest Coast, British Columbia or
          >Alaska.
          >
          >Just guessing
          >
          >isa
          >
          >--
          >copyright c.kocher 2002
          >
          ><<<>>>
          >
          >twin towers of steel
          >shimmering in sunlight
          >standing tall always
          >
          >out of twisted steel
          >from that terrible furnace
          >they forge us new hope

          >For more information:

          >extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

          >---
          >Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

        • Dafne
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 5, 2003
            You are completely right Arnold, I have been there.

            Daf

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Arnold Mühren

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            > >---

          • Fernanda Rodrigues
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 5, 2003
              You are amazing!
              Thanks a lot, Isa and Arnold! I thought it migh be in Canada, but I was
              looking in the wrong direction (cathedrals and abbeys)

              Fernanda

              On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 11:25:32 +0200
              Arnold Mühren <muhren2003@...> wrote:

              > Hi Fernanda, and Isa,
              >
              > I found your query about the monument an interesting search task. My
              > departure was Isa's spot-on analysis of the picture. I am sure this is the
              > place you have been looking for:
              >
              > http://www.planetware.com/photos/CDN/BCG025.HTM
              >
              > British Columbia Parliament Buildings in Victoria, Canada. You will find
              > more pictures on the web.
              >
              > Cheers, Arnold

              > At 07:37 5-10-2003, you wrote:
              >
              > >Fernanda Rodrigues wrote:
              > >
              > > > I apologize if this is off topic... but can anyone help?
              > > >
              > > > Can anyone identify this monument/town/country?
              > > >
              > > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/class10g/photo.html
              > > >

              > >It would look like a totem on the right. One man has a fish at his waiste,
              > >a salmon it looks like.
              > >
              > >And the building judging by the dome looks like a government building.
              > >
              > >That would put it somewhere on the Northwest Coast, British Columbia or
              > >Alaska.
              > >
              > >Just guessing
              > >
              > >isa
              > >
              > >--
              > >copyright c.kocher 2002
              > >
              > ><<<>>>
              > >
              > >twin towers of steel
              > >shimmering in sunlight
              > >standing tall always
              > >
              > >out of twisted steel
              > >from that terrible furnace
              > >they forge us new hope

              > >For more information:
              > >http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.htm
              > >
              > >When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other
              > >extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

              > >---

              > For more information:
              >
              > When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

              Fernanda Rodrigues
              Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
              Setúbal
              http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp
            • isa
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 5, 2003
                Fernanda Rodrigues wrote:

                > You are amazing!
                > Thanks a lot, Isa and Arnold! I thought it migh be in Canada, but I was looking in the wrong direction
                > (cathedrals and abbeys)

                Think nothing of it. You can have me canonized after the next consistory. [I guess my degree in anthropology has
                not gone entirely to waste either. Nor my interest in architecture, for that matter.]

                --
                copyright c.kocher 2002

                <<<>>>

                twin towers of steel