Fwd: Re: About your course and wimba/BB

  • Aiden Yeh
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2003
      This is just to share with you all that I'm finally getting the much coveted BB account :-) I already have finished the syllabus for my course and I plan to have at least one sychronous voice chat every month except for November (2 online meetings). The 1st semester ends in January. I could arrange for more synchronous voice chats but I fear that time differences could be a hurdle. I meet this class once a week for a three-hour session from 1:30-4:30 pm Taiwan time. All synchronous chats are scheduled on Wednesday 3:30-4:30 Taiwan time (8:00 am GMT). Details will be given early next week.

      As soon as I get my BB account, I'll create as many as 2-4 meeting rooms. My problem is I only have one TR account, which means I could only record (and be at) 1 session at a time. Any suggestions?

      Aiden

      From: "yeh aiden"
      To: frank@...
      CC: aidenyeh@...
      Subject: Re: About your course
      Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 12:46:23 +0000

      Dear Frank,

      Oh, this is goodnews! I will relay this message to Webheads (Dafne, Vance, Michael, Elizabeth, etc). I can give you the list of students by Wednesday next week. So, please hang in there. Have a nice weekend to you too.

      Aiden

      >From: "Frank Chou"

      >To: "yeh aiden"
      >Subject: About your course
      >Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 17:57:17 +0800
      >
      >Dear Aiden,
      >
      >Wimba notified me that they would open your course today.
      >You will also can use Voice Presentation function. So, your students can have one more tools to practice English.
      >And the other good News is archive function for Voice Direct will be released in the end this month.
      >
      >When you got your students' information, please mail me.
      >I will enroll them for your.
      >Can you give me the list as Excel format?
      >I need these infomation for each one below:
      >
      >User ID:
      >Password:
      >English Name:
      >email address:
      >
      >Have a nice weekend!
      >
      >Best Regards,
      >
      >Frank

    • Dafne
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2003
        Dear Aiden,

        Congrats on your getting the BB account :-). One idea about the chats is not to have concurrent chat sessions. How about having one session from 2:30 to 3:30 and the other from 3:30 to 4:30? The students who are not involved in the chat can be doing something else in the meantime. Another option is having one group one Wednesday and the other the following week. How many groups will you have? How many people in each group?

        Hugs,
        Daf

        From: "yeh aiden"
        To: frank@...
        CC: aidenyeh@...
        Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 12:46:23 +0000

        Dear Frank,

        Oh, this is goodnews! I will relay this message to Webheads (Dafne, Vance, Michael, Elizabeth, etc). I can give you the list of students by Wednesday next week. So, please hang in there. Have a nice weekend to you too.

        Aiden

        >From: "Frank Chou"

        >To: "yeh aiden"
        >Subject: About your course
        >Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 17:57:17 +0800
        >
        >Dear Aiden,
        >
        >Wimba notified me that they would open your course today.
        >You will also can use Voice Presentation function. So, your students can have one more tools to practice English.
        >And the other good News is archive function for Voice Direct will be released in the end this month.
        >
        >When you got your students' information, please mail me.
        >I will enroll them for your.
        >Can you give me the list as Excel format?
        >I need these infomation for each one below:
        >
        >User ID:
        >Password:
        >English Name:
        >email address: