welcome antonia!

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2003
      Hi Antonia!

      Welcome to Webheads! I'm glad you finally have the time to gradually take
      part in some of our activities. And your recent know-how from the OU will
      certainly be inspiring to us all. Congrats on your achievements! :-)

      With us, you just need to take it one step at a time - we all do! I've been
      very silent for the past few weeks, as happens with some of us at times.

      Sorry I didn't make it to TI last Sunday after I encouraged you to join us,
      but my computer had a few problems that were successfully taken care of by
      the end of the day. I hope to be there regularly as of next Sunday.

      BTW, Webheads, Antonia is the colleague who was at my APPI presentation last
      April and, together with Mario Rinvolucri, asked those of you online a
      couple of questions.

      Hope you feel at home with us, Antonia!

      Teresa

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2003
        Hi Antonia,

        Let me second the welcoming choir! As you see, we're a very open minded
        group with many different reasons for participation, at a more or less
        active level. What I find most stimulating when I am too busy or (admitted)
        too lazy to repsond, is the way we have been able to follow all sorts of
        experiments , reported from first hand users, most often resulting in some
        kind of collaboration or assistance in case of troubleshooting , or just
        information seeking.

        And then, there's a strong social aspect keeping me still active here - the
        Webheads that I know are my online friends and colleagues, and those that
        are invisible but just reading along, form some kind of reflexive
        background, somettimes popping out from the shadows, often with a fresh air
        of new knowledge or intriguing or thought provoking questions.

        Antonia - you write something that made me really curious:
        "Our school has been developing our intranet and website
        (stjulians.com ), but the drama dept have also done a lot of synchronous
        work
        and I'm now trying to pick up some more ICT knowledge and skills so that I
        may do some similar work with my students. "

        However, I missed the URL for your school (there was no reslut for something
        called stjulians.com) , so I was unable to follow up on my curiosity. Í did
        find this reference below and think this must be the one - but can you help
        me closer?

        http://laba.livingabroad.com/members/schools/portugal/por3.html

        yours, Sus
        (granny of three little kids, in Denmark)