Fwd: Re: Wimba for Blackboard

  • Aiden Yeh
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 4, 2003
      The link below was sent to me by Frank (Wimba Twn). It contains BB's Instructor's manual and it shows how to navigate the site, how to create files, and how to use the control panel. During the last wimba/BB session, Frank was telling us about this control panel, but unfortunately, since I was the only one logged in as the moderator, I was the only one who saw the panel. Students do not have access to the control panel. It's about 250 pages all in all, so you may want to take it slowly-

      AIDEN

      >Please download it online.
      >http://www.wfu.edu/Library/ITC/training/blackboard/bb6/bb6manual/bbls_rel6_instructor.pdf
      >
      >Best Regards,
      >
      >Frank

      Aiden Yeh
      National Kaohsiung First University of Science and Technology
      Taiwan

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 7, 2003
        Aiden,

        Ever since you sent us the link

        http://www.wfu.edu/Library/ITC/training/blackboard/bb6/bb6manual/bbls_rel6_instructor.pdf

        I haven't been able to access it. I get "Document does not exist". Is
        anybody else having the same problem? If so, Aiden, can you check the URL or
        find out if only university people can get hold of it?

        TIA,

        Teresa

        > The link below was sent to me by Frank (Wimba Twn). It contains BB's
        Instructor's manual and it shows how to navigate the site, how to create
        files, and how to use the control panel. . . It's about 250 pages all in
        all, so you may want to take it slowly-

        > AIDEN
        >

        > >Please download it online.
        >
        >http://www.wfu.edu/Library/ITC/training/blackboard/bb6/bb6manual/bbls_rel6_
        instructor.pdf

        > >Best Regards,
        > >
        > >Frank
      • Dafne

          > The link below was sent to me by Frank (Wimba Twn). It contains BB's
          Instructor's manual and it shows how to navigate the site, how to create
          files, and how to use the control panel. . . It's about 250 pages all in
          all, so you may want to take it slowly-

          > AIDEN
          >

          > >Please download it online.
          >
          >http://www.wfu.edu/Library/ITC/training/blackboard/bb6/bb6manual/bbls_rel6_
          instructor.pdf

          > >Best Regards,
          > >
          > >Frank

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • João Fernandes
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 8, 2003
            Hi,

            I found a way to access the file you are lookin for, you just have to write the address dash by dash to get there.
            e.g. http://http://www.wfu.edu/Library/
            then http://www.wfu.edu/Library/ITC/
            then http://www.wfu.edu/Library/ITC/training/blackboard/
            finally you will have access to the file http://www.wfu.edu/Library/ITC/training/blackboard/bb6manual/bbls_rel6_instructor.pdf

            I know we shouldn´t send attachments, but if you wish I can send you the manual, I have got it on my computer.

            Take care,
            /johnnybeja/

            Teresa Almeida d'Eca <tmvaz@...> wrote:
            Aiden,

            Ever since you sent us the link

            http://www.wfu.edu/Library/ITC/training/blackboard/bb6/bb6manual/bbls_rel6_instructor.pdf

            I haven't been able to access it. I get "Document does not exist". Is
            anybody else having the same problem? If so, Aiden, can you check the URL or
            find out if only university people can get hold of it?

            TIA,

            Teresa

            > The link below was sent to me by Frank (Wimba Twn). It contains BB's
            Instructor's manual and it shows how to navigate the site, how to create
            files, and how to use the control panel. . . It's about 250 pages all in
            all, so you may want to take it slowly-

            > AIDEN
            >

            > >Please download it online.
            >
            >http://www.wfu.edu/Library/ITC/training/blackboard/bb6/bb6manual/bbls_rel6_
            instructor.pdf

            > >Best Regards,
            > >
            > >Frank

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Dafne

              > The link below was sent to me by Frank (Wimba Twn). It contains BB's
              Instructor's manual and it shows how to navigate the site, how to create
              files, and how to use the control panel. . . It's about 250 pages all in
              all, so you may want to take it slowly-

              > AIDEN
              >

              > >Please download it online.
              >
              >http://www.wfu.edu/Library/ITC/training/blackboard/bb6/bb6manual/bbls_rel6_
              instructor.pdf

              > >Best Regards,
              > >
              > >Frank

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 14, 2003
                I think this is the classic long url truncation in email problem.

                To make a long url tiny visit http://www.tinyurl.com

                Then paste in the huge url to get a tiny one like this:

                http://tinyurl.com/nb47

                Does it work?

                Vance

                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, João Fernandes
                <johnnybeja@y...> wrote:
                > Hi,
                >
                > I found a way to access the file you are lookin for, you just have
                to write the address dash by dash to get there.
                > e.g. http://http://www.wfu.edu/Library/
                > then http://www.wfu.edu/Library/ITC/
                > then http://www.wfu.edu/Library/ITC/training/blackboard/
                > finally you will have access to the file
                http://www.wfu.edu/Library/ITC/training/blackboard/bb6manual/bbls_rel6
                _instructor.pdf

                > I know we shouldn´t send attachments, but if you wish I can send
                you the manual, I have got it on my computer.

                > Take care,
                > /johnnybeja/

              • Maria Jordano
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 14, 2003
                  Yes Vance,

                  What a great idea! :)

                  Mar�a

                  =====

                  Mar�a Jordano de la Torre
                  Avda. Men�ndez Pidal, s/n
                  14071 C�rdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

                  TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

                  http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                • Michael Marzio
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 15, 2003
                    Works like a charm, Vance. Great solution to this recurring problem.