Re: PureVoice:Auralog: pronunciation/speech analysis software

  • Arlyn Freed
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2003
      Dear Aiden,

      Try saving PureVoice files in the PVformat for reduced
      file size. As long as both you and the students are
      using the PVsoftware, there's no need to convert to
      .wav files unless you intend to incorporate them into
      another project. At that point, you could use
      SoundForge to compress the .wav files.

      Also, at last year's TESOL I caught a quick demo
      (between conferences) of 'Auralog'. It analyzes
      speech more accurately than Pronunciation Power. You
      can see sample JPGs at <
      http://www.auralog.com/en/reco.html >

      It's a complex software and was created for teaching
      the language (they cover several languages) but at the
      time I noted it would be helpful for self-correction.
      After the conference I received a demo CD, but haven't
      been able to use it on my Mac... Perhaps they can
      send you a sample?

      All the best,
      Arlyn

      Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 07:26:40 -0000
      From: "Aiden Yeh" <aidenyeh@...>
      RE: pronunciation/speech analysis software
      (snip)
      I've downloaded Pure voice, it's great and can also be
      used to
      archive Ss oral assigns. My only worry is the size of
      each .wav file
      would use up disc space. Storing seems to be a real
      pain. Any
      suggestions?

      Does any of you know of any pronunciation/speech
      analysis software
      that is available in the market?

      Aiden

      =====