Re: Trying out online recorders

  • Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003
      Aiden--
      Did you try out Total Recorder, and if so, can you
      upload the file(s) for us to try out? (You probably
      need to do so at the Webheads' ancillary site, as we
      have run out of room at evonline2002_webheads.)

      And is there an address for seeing the record of
      our last week's chat?
      In answer to your query about PureVoice: I think it
      was not intended for long-term data storage in .wav
      files, but you could create compressed archives with
      StuffIt, or .zip files, no?
      Cheers--
      --Elizabeth

      > Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 07:26:40 -0000
      > From: "Aiden Yeh" <aidenyeh@...>
      > Subject: BB/wimba meeting
      >
      > To Elizabeth, Dafne, Vance, Sus and Michael,
      >
      > Many thanks for being present during the online
      > demonstration. The
      > site that Frank showed us today is a demo site and
      > the features that
      > were in there were created to show us what's in BB
      > and what can be
      > created using Wimba.
      [snip]

      > I'll try install Total Recorder and see if
      > this will do.
      [snip]

      > The voice board is also great for archiving oral
      [snip]

      >If we are,
      > then I'd like to
      > test total recorder.
      >
      > I've downloaded Pure voice, it's great and can also
      > be used to
      > archive Ss oral assigns. My only worry is the size
      > of each .wav file
      > would use up disc space. Storing seems to be a real
      > pain. Any
      > suggestions?
      [snip]

      > Aiden

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Aiden Yeh
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2003
        > Did you try out Total Recorder, and if so, can you
        > upload the file(s) for us to try out?
        ==========
        Elizabeth,

        Yes, I purchased the standard version online, but something went
        wrong during the process. High Criteria (the maker of TR) did not
        send me the registration key, which was really such a bummer because
        I wanted to test TR last Sunday badly. I wrote them and they sent me
        the registration key the next day. I did try recording (last meeting
        at elluminate) using the demo version and it worked, somehow. I
        heard Michael's and Dafne's voices but my voice was not at all
        recorded. There's something wrong with my settings, that's for sure,
        but knowing exactly what and where, I don't have an idea.

        Are we trying out elluminate again this Sunday? I'd love to try
        my 'new' registered standard version ;-)

        I'm still waiting for Frank to give me the BB account (I'm hoping
        that he doesn't change his mind), but he already told me that BB
        France has agreed, so this an assurance. If BB does not arrive on
        time, I will use pure voice to collect students' voice file and
        create a yahoogroups site to store files.

        > And is there an address for seeing the record of
        > our last week's chat?

        Unfortunately, our meeting last Friday was not recorded. But now
        that I have TR, all voice meetings will be recorded. Now, we've got
        2 sets of files for Sunday meetings, text and voice.

        Vance, are you willing to add/upload the voice files onto one of
        your pages? This may take a lot of space. but let me know if you
        want...what about other webheads? agree? disagree?

        Aiden
      • Michael Coghlan
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2003
          Aiden et all,

          Ealier this year Damian wrote:

          "I think it might be better to use Total Recorder

          http://www.HighCriteria.com It is not free but it is not expensive either,
          around $11 if I remember well. I've used it and it is very efficient.
          Configurable for various types of input, software (like audio from an
          instant messenger), cd etc."

          And at http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/TotalRecorder/ it says Total
          Recorder can 'Record Internet Telephony conversations - even full duplex'.
          That means it must be able to record all voices in an online voice chat.

          Damian - were you able to do this? I seem to remember you posting something
          about how to set Total Recorder to record your own voice and the voices of
          others in online voice chat?

          If so Damian, can you post this info again?

          - Michael C.