Re: Webhead projects

  • Buthaina
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 15, 2003
      Hi Elizabeth,
      I'm not sure if I got you right..However, a number of Webheads in
      Action have created web-pages on porjects done by them and other
      colleagues.Teresa ;for example, has created a comprehensive page,
      including almost everything that has been done, so far, by
      webheads.You can view this page at the URL:
      http://www.malhatlantica.pt/teresadeca/webheads/wia-index.htm#home%
      20pages
      I hope this is helpful,Elizabeth.
      Best regards,
      Buth

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 16, 2003
        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
        <ehansonsmi@y...> wrote:
        > someone (Vance, Tere,
        > Buth?) was collecting all the Webheads different
        > projects in one place with mail addresses, Websites,
        > etc., where we could go to observe and see what's
        > happening. Is this page still around and being
        > updated?

        As Buth mentioned, one such place is Teresa's
        http://www.malhatlantica.pt/teresadeca/webheads/wia-index.htm

        Another such page is:
        http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/community.h
        tm

        The former page tries to assimilate in one place links to all
        Webheads projects. The latter links from each Webhead to project
        that person is involved in.

        If you have any information (broken links, more suggestions for
        links) that will help us to maintain these pages please send the
        information to the list or to the respective webmasters (Tere and
        myself). A list message should be approriate since all will be
        interested in the links.

        Vance
      • Arlyn Freed
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 17, 2003
          Hi Vance and WiA,

          I've been skimming through the mail every 2 weeks or
          so, trying to get reinvolved in a boundary way :) .

          I saw Elizabeth's message and think she may have been
          referring to Fernanda's webpage. It's the CGI-based
          interactive page that allows members to add their own
          information (24 members to date). The page is also
          sortable by country, etc. and is at <
          http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/projects.asp

          My own attempt at a similar archive hasn't been
          updated since the March TESOL 2003 meeting but
          includes many boundary members (130 members total) and
          can be found at <
          http://www.eslhome.com/cop2003/wiahomepages.htm > ; it
          is listed in alphabetical order according to email
          address (which is not shown). I would be willing to
          update the material with updated email, links to
          homepages, etc. if anyone wants to send me the info
          (there are too many blanks in this page for my
          liking).

          The page is not sortable like Fernanda's, nor does it
          supply all the information hers does regarding chat
          info. There is an alternate version of this page --
          with email addresses --(thus the "alphabetical by
          email"), but don't advertise it as people were afraid
          of receiving spam.

          Perhaps you can teach me how to present the addresses
          so that they remain partially hidden from view (as you
          do) but are still accessible for mail?

          For 'most projects' and info I think your page and
          Teresa's are the most informative.

          Thanks,
          Arlyn

          Message: 1
          Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 15:59:29 -0000
          From: "Vance Stevens" <vstevens@...>
          Subject: Re: Webhead projects

          --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com,
          Elizabeth Hanson-Smith <ehansonsmi@y...> wrote:
          > someone (Vance, Tere, Buth?) was collecting all the
          Webheads different projects in one place with mail
          addresses, Websites, etc., where we could go to
          observe and see what's happening. Is this page still
          around and being updated?

          As Buth mentioned, one such place is Teresa's
          http://www.malhatlantica.pt/teresadeca/webheads/wia-index.htm

          Another such page is:
          http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/community.h
          tm

          The former page tries to assimilate in one place links
          to all Webheads projects. The latter links from each
          Webhead to project that person is involved in.

          If you have any information (broken links, more
          suggestions for links) that will help us to maintain
          these pages please send the information to the list or
          to the respective webmasters (Tere and myself). A
          list message should be approriate since all will be
          interested in the links.

          Vance

          =====
          http://www.eslhome.com

          "What's past is prologue."
          -- W. Shakespeare, The Tempest

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
        • Fernanda Rodrigues
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 17, 2003
            Hi, Arlyn!
            I'm happy you are coming back!

            Just a little correction... the files I created are not cgi based, but
            ASP...
            That last one... about projects... was done in an attempt to have an
            idea of what kind of collaborative projects wia members might be
            interested in the school year that is about to start (or has started, for
            some of us). Anyway, it seems it found no echo, because only Venny
            updated the file with that information.
            I myself I'd like to find partners for an email project with my students.
            Unfortunately I have had some bad experiences in the past ... email
            projects that started and did not go well... I lost contact, only a few
            letters arrived, and it is demotivating in those situations...
            My hope is that with webheads things would go better and well organized...

            I'm afraid I don't know how to hide the email address and still have it
            functional.
            I can give you the url of antispam software:
            http://www.spampal.org/

            Fernanda

            Fernanda Rodrigues
            Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
            Setúbal
            http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp
          • Michael Coghlan
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 17, 2003
              At 01:32 PM 8/17/2003 -0700, you wrote:
              >Hi Vance and WiA,
              >
              >I've been skimming through the mail every 2 weeks or
              >so, trying to get reinvolved in a boundary way :) .
              Nice to see you back Arlyn. Enjoy life grazing out there on the boundary.

              - Michael C.
            • Fernanda Rodrigues
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 18, 2003