Re: Webhead projects - new personal web page URL

  • CJones
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 14, 2003
      Hi, all,

      Elizabeth's message reminded me that my personal web page URL has
      changed since my college has totally revised our web site. I think
      the old URL will still bring up the page after a message that the web
      page has changed. However, my new URL is:
      http://www.azwestern.edu/modern_lang/esl/cjones/ Vance and any other
      Webhead who has my URL on a web page should change it.

      Thanks.

      Chris Jones

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
      <ehansonsmi@y...> wrote:
      > Nancy--
      > Thanks for your good report on how you are using IC.
      > It is very useful to see how things work in
      > practice--disasters and all.
      > Your message reminds me that someone (Vance, Tere,
      > Buth?) was collecting all the Webheads different
      > projects in one place with mail addresses, Websites,
      > etc., where we could go to observe and see what's
      > happening. Is this page still around and being
      > updated?
      > Cheers--
      > --Elizabeth
    • Buthaina
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 15, 2003
        Hi Elizabeth,
        I'm not sure if I got you right..However, a number of Webheads in
        Action have created web-pages on porjects done by them and other
        colleagues.Teresa ;for example, has created a comprehensive page,
        including almost everything that has been done, so far, by
        webheads.You can view this page at the URL:
        http://www.malhatlantica.pt/teresadeca/webheads/wia-index.htm#home%
        20pages
        I hope this is helpful,Elizabeth.
        Best regards,
        Buth

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 16, 2003
          <ehansonsmi@y...> wrote:
          > someone (Vance, Tere,
          > Buth?) was collecting all the Webheads different
          > projects in one place with mail addresses, Websites,
          > etc., where we could go to observe and see what's
          > happening. Is this page still around and being
          > updated?

          As Buth mentioned, one such place is Teresa's
          http://www.malhatlantica.pt/teresadeca/webheads/wia-index.htm

          Another such page is:
          http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/community.h
          tm

          The former page tries to assimilate in one place links to all
          Webheads projects. The latter links from each Webhead to project
          that person is involved in.

          If you have any information (broken links, more suggestions for
          links) that will help us to maintain these pages please send the
          information to the list or to the respective webmasters (Tere and
          myself). A list message should be approriate since all will be
          interested in the links.

          Vance
        • Arlyn Freed
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 17, 2003
            Hi Vance and WiA,

            I've been skimming through the mail every 2 weeks or
            so, trying to get reinvolved in a boundary way :) .

            I saw Elizabeth's message and think she may have been
            referring to Fernanda's webpage. It's the CGI-based
            interactive page that allows members to add their own
            information (24 members to date). The page is also
            sortable by country, etc. and is at <
            http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/projects.asp

            My own attempt at a similar archive hasn't been
            updated since the March TESOL 2003 meeting but
            includes many boundary members (130 members total) and
            can be found at <
            http://www.eslhome.com/cop2003/wiahomepages.htm > ; it
            is listed in alphabetical order according to email
            address (which is not shown). I would be willing to
            update the material with updated email, links to
            homepages, etc. if anyone wants to send me the info
            (there are too many blanks in this page for my
            liking).

            The page is not sortable like Fernanda's, nor does it
            supply all the information hers does regarding chat
            info. There is an alternate version of this page --
            with email addresses --(thus the "alphabetical by
            email"), but don't advertise it as people were afraid
            of receiving spam.

            Perhaps you can teach me how to present the addresses
            so that they remain partially hidden from view (as you
            do) but are still accessible for mail?

            For 'most projects' and info I think your page and
            Teresa's are the most informative.

            Thanks,
            Arlyn

            Message: 1
            Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 15:59:29 -0000
            From: "Vance Stevens" <vstevens@...>
            Subject: Re: Webhead projects

            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com,
            Elizabeth Hanson-Smith <ehansonsmi@y...> wrote:
            > someone (Vance, Tere, Buth?) was collecting all the
            Webheads different projects in one place with mail
            addresses, Websites, etc., where we could go to
            observe and see what's happening. Is this page still
            around and being updated?

            As Buth mentioned, one such place is Teresa's
            http://www.malhatlantica.pt/teresadeca/webheads/wia-index.htm

            Another such page is:
            http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/community.h
            tm

            The former page tries to assimilate in one place links
            to all Webheads projects. The latter links from each
            Webhead to project that person is involved in.

            If you have any information (broken links, more
            suggestions for links) that will help us to maintain
            these pages please send the information to the list or
            to the respective webmasters (Tere and myself). A
            list message should be approriate since all will be
            interested in the links.

            Vance

            =====
            http://www.eslhome.com

            "What's past is prologue."
            -- W. Shakespeare, The Tempest

            http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
          • Fernanda Rodrigues
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 17, 2003
              Hi, Arlyn!
              I'm happy you are coming back!

              Just a little correction... the files I created are not cgi based, but
              ASP...
              That last one... about projects... was done in an attempt to have an
              idea of what kind of collaborative projects wia members might be
              interested in the school year that is about to start (or has started, for
              some of us). Anyway, it seems it found no echo, because only Venny
              updated the file with that information.
              I myself I'd like to find partners for an email project with my students.
              Unfortunately I have had some bad experiences in the past ... email
              projects that started and did not go well... I lost contact, only a few
              letters arrived, and it is demotivating in those situations...
              My hope is that with webheads things would go better and well organized...

              I'm afraid I don't know how to hide the email address and still have it
              functional.
              I can give you the url of antispam software:
              http://www.spampal.org/

              Fernanda

              Fernanda Rodrigues
              Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
              Setúbal
              http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp
            • Michael Coghlan
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 17, 2003
                At 01:32 PM 8/17/2003 -0700, you wrote:
                >Hi Vance and WiA,
                >
                >I've been skimming through the mail every 2 weeks or
                >so, trying to get reinvolved in a boundary way :) .
                Nice to see you back Arlyn. Enjoy life grazing out there on the boundary.

                - Michael C.
              • Fernanda Rodrigues
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 18, 2003