Re: A message for Vance's blogging students

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2003
      Susanne and Chris,

      Thanks very much for responding to my students' blogs. I posted your
      reactions at http://vance-pi.blogspot.com/ and showed them to my
      students in class. They were REALLY PLEASED that someone had read
      their blogs and responded. I told them they could answer Susanne's
      questions in the CALL lab after class. At least one did:

      http://ahmedalhosani.blogspot.com/

      Regarding Mark Warschauer's tragic situation, he has directed people
      to Mikey's site at http://members.cox.net/michaelkai for instructions
      on how those concerned might contribute.

      Postings on this topic so far have been circumspect but let's caution
      each other not to speculate about what happened on a public list such
      as this. If you have facts to report, fine, but speculation can
      cause damage inadvetently. I just thought I'd better say that.

      I'm flying to the states tonight and will hopefully rejoin my wife in
      Abu Dhabi at the end of the month. I hope to be back in regular
      contact in September.

      Vance

      --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Susanne Nyrop"
      <s.nyrop@g...> wrote:
      > Hi Vance,
      >
      > as you know, I'm in Denmark and studying how to use online tools and
      > communication in education.
      > I've enjoyed follow your blogging class at the Petroleum Institute
      and by
      > reading some blogs from your studdents, I did learn quite a bit
      about their
      > lives and interests. I will look forward to learn more about their
      visit to
      > the refinery!
      >
      > I do have a few questions to ask:
      > 1. Is the Summer school at the Petroleum Institute part of your
      obligatory
      > school studies curriculum, or did you decide to learn more in the
      holidays
      > while others are on vacation?
      >
      > 2. How many years do you need to study to become a petroleum
      engineer?

      > 3. Will you have to pay an expensive school fee to go to university
      in the
      > United Arab Emirates, or is higher education free for all?
      >
      > As I was visiting Norway, another Petroleum-rich country last week,
      I met