Re: teresa's blog

  • Buthaina
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2003
      Hi Teresa,
      Congratulation! This is so cool; I like what Graham said about your
      blog and definitely agree with him on many things he mentioned,
      except that on the blog width.He said: "My only criticism is that
      the blog is too wide - it's not possible to read everything without
      scrolling right and left, which is a little uncomfortable." I
      personally didn't have this problem, during any of my semi-regular
      visits to your blog. I don't know, but it could be related to the
      screen size, in Graham's case.I learned recently, that a web-page
      with a frame can be best viewed if the width of the frame is not
      more or less than 450 pixles.So,this could be a reason, but you can
      also check, or maybe, other webheads could tell us something on this
      matter.
      BTW, my message is late because I had serious tech. troubles with my
      DSL modem,and have been using a 56k modem, since last
      Tuesday.Eventually, last night,my ISP managed to fix it.Besides, my
      problem of accessing yahoo mail continued, and I feel so lucky today
      to have managed signing in my email account from the first time.
      Regards,
      Buthaina

      "Teresa Almeida d'Eca" <tmvaz@m...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone!
      >
      > During the last week of July, following a posting by Nik Peachey
      (British Council) in TESLCA-L, I had a lively discussion with Nik
      and then with Graham Stanley (also British Council) about blogs and
      my teacher-student blog (Graham calls it a class blog).

      > Graham is researching blogs for an upcoming workshop he was
      invited to do. He analyzed my blog and came up with a very
      interesting and comprehensive analysis/dissection. It's at his blog
      page - July 30, 2003 entry:

      > http://blog-efl.blogspot.com/
      >
      > If you're interested in blogs, you're welcome to add comments to
      his blog. And why not join the British Council's "Search English"
      (you need to log in)

      > http://searchenglish.britishcouncil.org/
      >
      > Then, click on Forums > Blogs in ELT > Blogs as reading or writing
      practice. You will find the messages Nik and I exchanged as well as
      a message from Barbara (Bee) Dieu.