Re: [evonline2002_webheads] teresa's blog

  • Maria Jordano
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
      Hi Teresa,

      I have been having a look at the blog you suggest and it is really good. There are not many things on this topic appied to ELT but, the reduced number is increscendo... I have just included to my list of favorites:

      http://www.mariajordano.com/my_suggested_blogs/otherblogs.htm

      By the way, for those of you who use blogger to maintain your blogs, I do recommend you the new Google toolbar. Apart from prevent you from pops, it offers an icon to post directly to your blogger account. It is great! very confortable!

      http://toolbar.google.com/

      Kind regards,

      Mar�a

      Mar�a Jordano de la Torre
      Avda. Men�ndez Pidal, s/n
      14071 C�rdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

      TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

    • Buthaina
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2003
        Hi Teresa,
        Congratulation! This is so cool; I like what Graham said about your
        blog and definitely agree with him on many things he mentioned,
        except that on the blog width.He said: "My only criticism is that
        the blog is too wide - it's not possible to read everything without
        scrolling right and left, which is a little uncomfortable." I
        personally didn't have this problem, during any of my semi-regular
        visits to your blog. I don't know, but it could be related to the
        screen size, in Graham's case.I learned recently, that a web-page
        with a frame can be best viewed if the width of the frame is not
        more or less than 450 pixles.So,this could be a reason, but you can
        also check, or maybe, other webheads could tell us something on this
        matter.
        BTW, my message is late because I had serious tech. troubles with my
        DSL modem,and have been using a 56k modem, since last
        Tuesday.Eventually, last night,my ISP managed to fix it.Besides, my
        problem of accessing yahoo mail continued, and I feel so lucky today
        to have managed signing in my email account from the first time.
        Regards,
        Buthaina

        "Teresa Almeida d'Eca" <tmvaz@m...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone!
        >
        > During the last week of July, following a posting by Nik Peachey
        (British Council) in TESLCA-L, I had a lively discussion with Nik
        and then with Graham Stanley (also British Council) about blogs and
        my teacher-student blog (Graham calls it a class blog).

        > Graham is researching blogs for an upcoming workshop he was
        invited to do. He analyzed my blog and came up with a very
        interesting and comprehensive analysis/dissection. It's at his blog
        page - July 30, 2003 entry:

        > http://blog-efl.blogspot.com/
        >
        > If you're interested in blogs, you're welcome to add comments to
        his blog. And why not join the British Council's "Search English"
        (you need to log in)

        > http://searchenglish.britishcouncil.org/
        >
        > Then, click on Forums > Blogs in ELT > Blogs as reading or writing
        practice. You will find the messages Nik and I exchanged as well as
        a message from Barbara (Bee) Dieu.