teresa's blog

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
      Hi everyone!

      During the last week of July, following a posting by Nik Peachey (British Council) in TESLCA-L, I had a lively discussion with Nik and then with Graham Stanley (also British Council) about blogs and my teacher-student blog (Graham calls it a class blog).

      Graham is researching blogs for an upcoming workshop he was invited to do. He analyzed my blog and came up with a very interesting and comprehensive analysis/dissection. It's at his blog page - July 30, 2003 entry:

      http://blog-efl.blogspot.com/

      If you're interested in blogs, you're welcome to add comments to his blog. And why not join the British Council's "Search English" (you need to log in)

      http://searchenglish.britishcouncil.org/

      Then, click on Forums > Blogs in ELT > Blogs as reading or writing practice. You will find the messages Nik and I exchanged as well as a message from Barbara (Bee) Dieu.

      Enjoy!

      Teresa

    • Maria Jordano
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2003
        Hi Teresa,

        I have been having a look at the blog you suggest and it is really good. There are not many things on this topic appied to ELT but, the reduced number is increscendo... I have just included to my list of favorites:

        http://www.mariajordano.com/my_suggested_blogs/otherblogs.htm

        By the way, for those of you who use blogger to maintain your blogs, I do recommend you the new Google toolbar. Apart from prevent you from pops, it offers an icon to post directly to your blogger account. It is great! very confortable!

        http://toolbar.google.com/

        Kind regards,

        Mar�a

        Mar�a Jordano de la Torre
        Avda. Men�ndez Pidal, s/n
        14071 C�rdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

        TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

      • Buthaina
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2003
          Hi Teresa,
          Congratulation! This is so cool; I like what Graham said about your
          blog and definitely agree with him on many things he mentioned,
          except that on the blog width.He said: "My only criticism is that
          the blog is too wide - it's not possible to read everything without
          scrolling right and left, which is a little uncomfortable." I
          personally didn't have this problem, during any of my semi-regular
          visits to your blog. I don't know, but it could be related to the
          screen size, in Graham's case.I learned recently, that a web-page
          with a frame can be best viewed if the width of the frame is not
          more or less than 450 pixles.So,this could be a reason, but you can
          also check, or maybe, other webheads could tell us something on this
          matter.
          BTW, my message is late because I had serious tech. troubles with my
          DSL modem,and have been using a 56k modem, since last
          Tuesday.Eventually, last night,my ISP managed to fix it.Besides, my
          problem of accessing yahoo mail continued, and I feel so lucky today
          to have managed signing in my email account from the first time.
          Regards,
          Buthaina