Web page

  • María Irene Albers de Urriola
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2002
      Hi everybody,
      I used Netscape in order to build my webpage. It's easy, and besides you can modify your page from any computer that has this program. You can visit mine at www.face.uc.edu.ve/~malbers.
      I'm more than willing to get your comments on it, because it's not ready.
      Greetings,
      María Irene

    • dygonza
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 25, 2002
        Hello, Maria Irene,

        Congratulations on your web page! I know the feeling, it is like
        giving birth to a first child.

        I do not know how to solve your problems, I am a newbie too. I
        visited your page and this is what I found:

        Your picture on the index page takes a lot to download ( I have DSL,
        so it should be faster). And the pages Página inicial, consulta
        bibliográfica and Colaboración en línea, cannot be shown (not ready
        yet?).
        Since you are using Netscape Composer, a found this link that can be
        helpful to continue building your pages:

        1.How to create web pages using Netscape Composer. A guide put up by
        Eastern Connecticut State University:

        http://www.ecsu.ctstateu.edu/depts/dc/docs

        Congratulations again,
        Dafne

        PS: say thanks to Emma for her yahoo message about my page.

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@y..., María Irene Albers de Urriola
        <miaupju@c...> wrote:
        > Hi everybody,
        > I used Netscape in order to build my webpage. It's easy, and
        besides you can modify your page from any computer that has this
        program. You can visit mine at www.face.uc.edu.ve/~malbers.
        > I'm more than willing to get your comments on it, because it's not
        ready.
        > Greetings,
        > María Irene

      • vance_stevens
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2002
          --- In evonline2002_webheads@y..., "dygonza" <dygonza@y...> wrote:

          > Your picture on the index page takes a lot to download ( I have
          DSL,
          > so it should be faster).

          This is the reason we will look at resizing photos later in this
          session.

          (Vance, at a sticky keyboard in Nairobi)
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2002
            Hi Maria,

            I finally had a look at your page. I had tried from Nairobi but it took too long to load in. It seems you have reduced the size of the photo by now. How did you do that?

            The page looks nice. I understand the Spanish, and can get a translation from BabelFish in case of any difficulties. Some of the links from the menu on the secondary pages don't work but the
            same links work from the main page.

            Nice work. Let us know when you've updated it.

            Vance