message from Daf and Arnold

  • Aiden Yeh
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 7, 2003
      Thanks Daf for the update. It's good to know that everything went well (Aiden claps her hands with gusto), and with the invitation to publish an article, am sure it is something that will keep you even busier these coming days.

      BTW, any pictures?

      Aiden

    • Buthaina Othman
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 9, 2003
        Hello Daf and Arnold,
        We're so glad to hear the good news about your success.Congratulations on your great job, and the invitation to attend the IACSEE 2005 conference.Hope to see your presentation, soon.Take care and good luck.
        Best wishes,
        Buthaina

        Arnold M�hren <muhren2003@...> wrote:
        Dear webheads,

        Sorry for this late message from the Netherlands.

        On Tuesday we jointly presented the work of the Webheads community at the
        IACSEE conference in Egmond aan Zee. The Powerpoint presentation will be
        put up on a web site and we wil send the link as it becomes available.

        According to the feedback we received from people in the audience and from
        the conference organisers our presentation was interesting and stimulating,
        and highly relevant to the conference theme "Global Challenges, Local
        we had so much looked forward to having some of you online during the
        event. We only heard about this omission a couple of days before the
        conference.

        The IACSEE Journal's editor asked us to write an article elaborating on the
        presentation and we were invited to the Association's next biannual
        conference in Chicago in 2005.

        The social aspect of the conference was fine too. We met and talked with
        colleagues from many different countries in the world in a friendly
        atmosphere. On a more personal level, it was really great for us to meet
        face to face for the first time. Together we visited some places of
        interest during the week. We also planned for some future joint projects.

        Warm greetings for all from Daf and Arnold

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Buthaina Al-Othman
        EFL Instructor
        ELU/Faculty of Science
        Language Center-Kuwait University

      • Arnold Mühren
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 13, 2003
          Hi everyone,

          Here's the link to the Powerpoint slides Daf and I put together for our
          presentation in Egmond (July 1):
          http://home.planet.nl/~mhren000/webheads_egmond2003.ppt

          Cheers, Arnold
        • Susanne Nyrop
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 13, 2003
            Hi Daf and Arnold,

            your ppt session has all I like from using ppt:

            *a great summary and overview of WiA activities,
            *two clear examples of online collaboration across borders,
            *relevant information and inspirational details,
            *not too many slides, just enough to tell what you wish to tell
            * and a fine and readable layout.

            I am happy that you shared this inspired event with us, and look forward to learn more about your future collaboration efforts :-)

            best wishes,

            Sus

          • Maria Jordano
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 13, 2003
              Thank you very much, Arnold and Daf for that nice presentation. It is great! The design, clarity of everything exposed, disposition, duration... Everything!

              Thanks! :)

              Mar�a

              Mar�a Jordano de la Torre
              Avda. Men�ndez Pidal, s/n
              14071 C�rdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

              TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

            • Buthaina
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 13, 2003
                Hi Arnlod and Daf,
                Thanks for sharing with us your presentation.It is interesting and
                what I can call, "Short and Sweet". You have said it all in a simple
                and clear way.Thanks again for sharing and good luck.
                Best regards,
                Buth