Chat logs posted from Sunday July 6, 2003

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2003
      Hi everyone,

      I promised Teresa I'd post the chat logs from the part of the regular
      noon GMT Sunday session she missed and I've done so:
      http://www.homestead.com/prosites-
      vstevens/files/efi/chat2003/wfw030706.htm

      Or if you have trouble hitting on that link, try this one:
      http://tinyurl.com/g5pb

      In this chat we discuss the shaky job market for educators of our ilk
      and with it the need to augment our skills with server side scripting
      skills, so we find links to ASP and PHP training sites, which you can
      find in the logs. We also discuss how we might teach simpler HTML
      skills to ESL/EFL students, and Buthaina shows us numerous examples.

      I'm making a tentative start on a session I'd like to organize for
      the next EVOnline-a-thon on server side scripting, a sort of a let's-
      learn-together thing. I'm prepping for it by adding links to our
      website here:

      http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/week6.htm#n
      ext_asp

      or: http://tinyurl.com/g5pn

      I haven't put the links from tonight's chat in yet but will do so.
      Send more if you know of any.

      Take care,

      Vance
    • Fernanda Rodrigues
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2003
        Try these ones:

        http://www.powerasp.com/

        http://www.pt4free.net/main/
        (this one is in Portuguese)

        Fernanda

        On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 19:59:58 -0000
        "Vance Stevens" <vstevens@...> wrote:

        > I haven't put the links from tonight's chat in yet but will do so.
        > Send more if you know of any.
        >
        > Take care,
        >
        > Vance

        Fernanda Rodrigues
        Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
        Setúbal
        http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp
      • Maria Jordano
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2003
          Hi webheads,

          Thanks for this post. Since I always begin to read latest post, I didn't undertand very the reason for recomend .asp and .php links. I see these kind of terms and I am really interested about knowing more about that. If you organize something to learn more about that, please tell me.

          Thanks again, and I will read the whole log now, since I only attended the last part.

          Kind regards,

          Mar�a

          Mar�a Jordano de la Torre
          Avda. Men�ndez Pidal, s/n
          14071 C�rdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

          TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com