Invitation to Join Listserv

  • Michael Coghlan
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 3, 2003
      Hi everyone.

      You are invited to join an email discussion list on the role of voice in
      online learning, moderated by Michael Coghlan.

      To subscribe to the Community of Voices listserv, go to:

      <http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=182928>http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=182928
      and change your status to "Subscribed" from the pull-down menu. You will
      need to be a member of LearningTimes to view and post to the listserv. If
      you are not already a LearningTimes member, click the "Join" button when at
      <http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=182928>http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=182928

      Regards,

      Michael Coghlan
      eLearning Coordinator
      Douglas Mawson Institute of Technology
      michaelc@...
      0417 899 912

    • Michael Marzio
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 4, 2003
        Hi Michael and members of his listserv,

        I'd be interested in getting hands-on voice chat experience with
        students and their teachers, resulting in the students learning
        something and enjoying it. And why not use REO video for content?

        For situations where hardware is limited, but if at least one teacher
        has voice chat experience and hardware, the microphone could be
        passed on to the students for example, for maximum interaction
        amongst all those present online, listening & speaking.

        Dafne, for example will be happy to suggest a video, I think, as soon
        as she reports back from the Netherlands! I imagine she is very busy.
        I keep on thinking of the success we had with students in Caracas.
        Now if we could do more of this, with same and new students, and
        include voice...

        Best wishes to all,

        Mike Marzio

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Michael Coghlan

      • glenngo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 4, 2003
          Hi,
          Please add my name to the listeners' group.My e-mail address is:
          glenngo@....
          Thank you!
          Dave
        • glenngo@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 4, 2003
            Oops, I meant the role of voice. Wasn't thinking.
            Dave glenngo@...
          • Michael Coghlan
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 4, 2003
              At 05:27 PM 7/4/2003 -0400, you wrote:
              >Oops, I meant the role of voice. Wasn't thinking.

              Hi Dave. It would be great if you join this listserv but you have to do
              this yourself by following the instructions below.

              Regards,

              - Michael Coghlan.

              http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=182928
              and change your status to "Subscribed" from the pull-down menu. You will
              need to be a member of LearningTimes to view and post to the listserv. If
              you are not already a LearningTimes member, click the "Join" button when at
              http://home.learningtimes.net/learningtimes?go=182928
            • Arnold Mühren
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 6, 2003
                Dear webheads,

                Sorry for this late message from the Netherlands.

                On Tuesday we jointly presented the work of the Webheads community at the
                IACSEE conference in Egmond aan Zee. The Powerpoint presentation will be
                put up on a web site and we wil send the link as it becomes available.

                According to the feedback we received from people in the audience and from
                the conference organisers our presentation was interesting and stimulating,
                and highly relevant to the conference theme "Global Challenges, Local
                we had so much looked forward to having some of you online during the
                event. We only heard about this omission a couple of days before the
                conference.

                The IACSEE Journal's editor asked us to write an article elaborating on the
                presentation and we were invited to the Association's next biannual
                conference in Chicago in 2005.

                The social aspect of the conference was fine too. We met and talked with
                colleagues from many different countries in the world in a friendly
                atmosphere. On a more personal level, it was really great for us to meet
                face to face for the first time. Together we visited some places of
                interest during the week. We also planned for some future joint projects.

                Warm greetings for all from Daf and Arnold
              • Aiden Yeh
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 7, 2003
                  Thanks Daf for the update. It's good to know that everything went well (Aiden claps her hands with gusto), and with the invitation to publish an article, am sure it is something that will keep you even busier these coming days.

                  BTW, any pictures?

                  Aiden

                • Buthaina Othman
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 9, 2003
                    Hello Daf and Arnold,
                    We're so glad to hear the good news about your success.Congratulations on your great job, and the invitation to attend the IACSEE 2005 conference.Hope to see your presentation, soon.Take care and good luck.
                    Best wishes,
                    Buthaina

                    Arnold M�hren <muhren2003@...> wrote:
[...]

                    Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    Buthaina Al-Othman
                    EFL Instructor
                    ELU/Faculty of Science
                    Language Center-Kuwait University

                  • Arnold Mühren
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 13, 2003
                      Hi everyone,

                      Here's the link to the Powerpoint slides Daf and I put together for our
                      presentation in Egmond (July 1):
                      http://home.planet.nl/~mhren000/webheads_egmond2003.ppt

                      Cheers, Arnold
                    • Susanne Nyrop
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 13, 2003
                        Hi Daf and Arnold,

                        your ppt session has all I like from using ppt:

                        *a great summary and overview of WiA activities,
                        *two clear examples of online collaboration across borders,
                        *relevant information and inspirational details,
                        *not too many slides, just enough to tell what you wish to tell
                        * and a fine and readable layout.

                        I am happy that you shared this inspired event with us, and look forward to learn more about your future collaboration efforts :-)

                        best wishes,

                        Sus

                      • Maria Jordano
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 13, 2003
                          Thank you very much, Arnold and Daf for that nice presentation. It is great! The design, clarity of everything exposed, disposition, duration... Everything!

                          Thanks! :)

                          Mar�a

                          Mar�a Jordano de la Torre
                          Avda. Men�ndez Pidal, s/n
                          14071 C�rdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

                          TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

                        • Buthaina
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 13, 2003
                            Hi Arnlod and Daf,
                            Thanks for sharing with us your presentation.It is interesting and
                            what I can call, "Short and Sweet". You have said it all in a simple
                            and clear way.Thanks again for sharing and good luck.
                            Best regards,
                            Buth

                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 7, 2003
                              Dear Daf and Arnold,

                              Congratulations on another personal and Webhead success!!! :-)

                              It was very nice to hear all the good news. I'm looking forward to reading
                              your presentation.

                              Cheers,

                              Teresa