Building immune defense - bugbear virus cured

  • Susanne Nyrop
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2003
      Hi dear all,
      as a relatively new Windows user, it looks like I am target of all the children's diseases: This weekend has been unpleasantly spent cleaning up some virus infected mess on my harddisk (not allowing me to mail, browse or use messenger as my saved passwrods have been deleted from my pc and a lot more happened that I am not exactly completely aware of yet.

      Norton utilities alerted me of a Bugbear virus infected file in a mystery mail (as maliciously sent from Nevcihan.Amic at Hotmail.com). By ignorance, I did a lot of things that could have been avoided, such as recover older system settings (Forgot how you call this in English) - mentioned on Symantec's homepage as a risk to spread this kind of virus in your Win XP system - before I made a helper bring me a Bugbear Removal fix too. Hopefully this will be enough so that I will not need to do a full system reinstall
      I felt better when I learned from him that Denmark has suffered from a lot of Bugbear attacks lately (probably also striking hard elsewhere)

      For this reason, I feel I am behind again in a lot of tasks - please bear with me if I have not paid attention to recent mails.

      hugs
      Sus

    • Maria Jordano
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2003
        Hi Susan,

        You could do what I think Dafne does, forwarding all accounts to Yahoo account, which is stronger against virus... Anayway, Hotmail these days is a nightmare. It is full of rubish...

        Mar�a

        Mar�a Jordano de la Torre
        Avda. Men�ndez Pidal, s/n
        14071 C�rdoba, Spain/ Tfno. +34 957 212 130

        TI Office 1915 TI2 Office MariaJ_Ofc - www.mariajordano.com

      • Buthaina
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2003
          Right Maria, Hotmail is a nightmare, that's why I stopped using it
          since my tow hotmail accounts were hacked as well as one home page,
          last year. I learned a lot about hacking since then.Hotmail is
          easier to hack than Yahoo.The best thing to do is never open an
          email message from a starnger, even if it's tempting.And when it's
          from a familiar sender, check the size of the message; if it's too
          large don't open it until you are sure it is from the person you
          know.Sorry Sus for what you are expereincing.Can't say anymore
          than , welcome to the club.
          Regards,
          Buth