Michael, Daf, & Aiden's Presentation on the Missing Link!

  • Buthaina
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 28, 2003
      Hello Webheads,
      Because the voice presentation by michael, in Hawaii, Aiden in
      Tiwan, and Daf in Spain was so impressive and very well done,I
      created a page to show some screenshots and added the recording sent
      from Alado.net. i'm not sure if the voice file work, but you can
      check.It's a wma file.I have added some comments above each screen
      shot, in case you the voice file doesn't work.Please go to the
      following URL to see the page:
      http://alothman-b.tripod.com/hawaii_wia.htm

      Regards,
      Buth
    • Aiden Yeh
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 29, 2003
        Dearest Buth,

        Many thanks for this. Right after my presentation, I knew that I
        spoke fast. But after listening to the recording, it was worst than
        what I have anticipated. The first part was awful, I spoke faster
        than a speeding bullet (call Superman for help!) and the speed just
        zoomed in like a flying torpedo (blame it on Saddam Hussein!). I
        slowed down somewhere in the middle. Speaking of teachers getting
        caught in a web of dilemma, I, myself was caught in it (Oh, darn,
        it's spiderman, you see!) Trying to make sense in what just happened,
        there was nothing I could think of. I was nervous, that was it. And,
        even Invisible man couldn't help me with it. Ah... sigh...that's how
        difficult life can be when you try to be Superwoman.

        Gotta go and wishes the dishes,

        Aiden

        --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Buthaina"
        <esl_efl_ku@y...> wrote:
        > Hello Webheads,
        > Because the voice presentation by michael, in Hawaii, Aiden in
        > Tiwan, and Daf in Spain was so impressive and very well done,I
        > created a page to show some screenshots and added the recording
        sent
        > from Alado.net. i'm not sure if the voice file work, but you can
        > check.It's a wma file.I have added some comments above each screen
        > shot, in case you the voice file doesn't work.Please go to the
        > following URL to see the page:
        > http://alothman-b.tripod.com/hawaii_wia.htm
        >
        > Regards,
        > Buth
      • Aiden Yeh
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 29, 2003
          It should have been, "wash the dishes"

          Even Superfriends didn't see the typo error.

          Aiden
        • Michael Coghlan
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 29, 2003
            Thanks for putting this page up Buth. It looks great. I didn't try the
            recording because it would be a bit slow from this hotel connection.

            Cheers,

            - Michael C.

            At 02:00 AM 6/29/2003 +0000, you wrote:
            >Hello Webheads,
            >Because the voice presentation by michael, in Hawaii, Aiden in
            >Tiwan, and Daf in Spain was so impressive and very well done,I
            >created a page to show some screenshots and added the recording sent
            >from Alado.net. i'm not sure if the voice file work, but you can
            >check.It's a wma file.I have added some comments above each screen
            >shot, in case you the voice file doesn't work.Please go to the
            >following URL to see the page:
            >http://alothman-b.tripod.com/hawaii_wia.htm
            >
            >Regards,
            >Buth

            >For more information:

            >extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

          • Buthaina
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 29, 2003
              Dear Superwoman, Aiden,
              Allow me please to change your statement: "..that's how
              difficult life can be when you try to be Superwoman", to
              "that's how interesting and challenging life can be when you try to
              be Superwoman". Aiden, although your were fast at the beginning,
              your message was perfectly received. At least I'm so motivated and
              cannot wait until next semester to try,with my students, one of the
              voice projects you have already done with your students. In
              addition, it would be very interesting and useful if you Besides,you
              can tell us, from your experience, about the difference between
              presenting physically and presenting online in international events
              like ED Media in Hawaii and TESOL 2003, in Baltimore. Being nervous
              online is a normal reaction, I believe, since you don't see face
              expressions or reactions of other participants and the audience. I
              was also nervous when I participated live online, for the first time
              in my life,in our presentation in TESOL2003; do you remember? I
              thought it was going to be easier to participate online than doing
              it face to face or physically. However, I was wrong.In my case,I was
              overwhelmed; and forgot to use TI to project the web pages I
              prepared for that event, and have faced some technical trouble. If
              it wasn't for our supportive and very well organized group leader or
              Superman, Vance, and the other webheads attending,I would have never
              been able to continue. Nevertheless, I know I learned and I'm sure I
              can do better next time. Aiden,you did great, forget about speed
              level with all the funy metaphors you gave, and think of your
              wonderful work together with that of Michael C.,
              our "Voice_Super&Spiderman", in addition to Daf's; they remain
              evidence for your success.
              Aiden,I wonder if you could provide a short description about your
              reaction on the difference between presenting physically and
              virtually in international events, since you have tried both,
              already. Other members who have tried both are also welcome to
              provide comments on this matter.
              Best wishes (not dishes),
              Buth

              "Aiden Yeh" <aidenyeh@y...> wrote:
              > Dearest Buth,
              >
              > Many thanks for this. Right after my presentation, I knew that I
              > spoke fast. But after listening to the recording, it was worst
              than
              > what I have anticipated. The first part was awful, I spoke faster
              > than a speeding bullet (call Superman for help!) and the speed
              just
              > zoomed in like a flying torpedo (blame it on Saddam Hussein!). I
              > slowed down somewhere in the middle. Speaking of teachers getting
              > caught in a web of dilemma, I, myself was caught in it (Oh, darn,
              > it's spiderman, you see!) Trying to make sense in what just
              happened,
              > there was nothing I could think of. I was nervous, that was it.
              And,
              > even Invisible man couldn't help me with it. Ah... sigh...that's
              how
              > difficult life can be when you try to be Superwoman.
              >
              > Gotta go and wishes the dishes,
              >
              > Aiden
              >
              > --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, "Buthaina"
              > <esl_efl_ku@y...> wrote:
              > > Hello Webheads,
              > > Because the voice presentation by michael, in Hawaii, Aiden in
              > > Tiwan, and Daf in Spain was so impressive and very well done,I
              > > created a page to show some screenshots and added the recording
              > sent
              > > from Alado.net. i'm not sure if the voice file work, but you can
              > > check.It's a wma file.I have added some comments above each
              screen
              > > shot, in case you the voice file doesn't work.Please go to the
              > > following URL to see the page:
              > > http://alothman-b.tripod.com/hawaii_wia.htm
              > >
              > > Regards,
              > > Buth
            • J. H. Steele
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 29, 2003
                Aiden,

                I thought you meant you were going to wish they were already done or wish them away.

                John (Dr. Cat)

                Prof. John H. Steele, Ph.D.
                English Department
                University of Puerto Rico at Aguadilla
                jhsteele@... http://www.eslpalace.com

                Even Superfriends didn't see the typo error.

                Aiden

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Buthaina
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 30, 2003
                  It's my pleasure Michael, but I wonder if you will be able to view
                  the pages as well.And I wonder if any of you fellow webheads have
                  managed to view the pages projected on alado file while lsitening to
                  the recorded voice of presenters on that page I created? I
                  personally managed to listen to the recording, but couldn't see any
                  pages on the linked Alado file.I understood that we can publish an
                  alado file including voice and projected pages during a
                  presentation.Is this right or am I wrong? Kindly advise anyone.
                  Buth

                  Michael Coghlan <michaelc@c...> wrote:
                  > Thanks for putting this page up Buth. It looks great. I didn't try
                  the
                  > recording because it would be a bit slow from this hotel
                  connection.

                  > Cheers,
                  >
                  > - Michael C.
                  >
                  > At 02:00 AM 6/29/2003 +0000, you wrote:
                  > >Hello Webheads,
                  > >Because the voice presentation by michael, in Hawaii, Aiden in
                  > >Tiwan, and Daf in Spain was so impressive and very well done,I
                  > >created a page to show some screenshots and added the recording
                  sent
                  > >from Alado.net. i'm not sure if the voice file work, but you can
                  > >check.It's a wma file.I have added some comments above each screen
                  > >shot, in case you the voice file doesn't work.Please go to the
                  > >following URL to see the page:
                  > >http://alothman-b.tripod.com/hawaii_wia.htm
                  > >
                  > >Regards,
                  > >Buth

                  > >For more information:
                  >
                  >http://www.geocities.com/vance_stevens/papers/evonline2002/webheads.
                  htm

                  > >When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any
                  other
                  > >extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!
                  > >
                  > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                • susannenyrop
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 2 7:03 AM
                    Hi all - and particularly Buth who did the recording and made a fine
                    homepage for the Hawaii presentation with Michael Aiden, Daf and
                    Jonathan.

                    I enjoyed listening with no major problems, and was able to
                    understand almost everything said by Michael, Aiden and Daf (thanks
                    to Daf for speaking so distinctly and slow :-). And I enjoyed the
                    thought provoking questions from the audience, one asking for visual
                    clues. But then, it came to Jonathan's presentation and a homepage
                    was projected to my own computer (see URL below) - and my listening
                    pleasure was disrupted. It was too late in the evening for me to get
                    back and find out how to override this bug, or whatever you would
                    call it, in teh recording player. And, after all, I had the PPT
                    instead, so I got an idea of Jonathan's message anyway. See it at:

                    http://www.learningtimes.net/conferences/hawaii/hawaii_files/frame.ht
                    ml

                    Any other experiences?

                    hugs, Sus