chat with my stds: their feedback

  • Rita Zeinstejer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2003
      Hi, Daf, Tere, Sus, Aiden and all,

      I had my feedback session with my students today: they were delighted with their first chat experience last Saturday, so I allowed them to speak about it to the rest of the class (12 other students who had not joined the party for different reasons), concentrating basically on:

      -language used (learned any new vocab/ expressions?)
      -difficulties encountered
      -participation/ turn taking: satisfied?
      -their feelings during the experience (comfortable enough?)

      They all agreed in that they found the session enjoyable and very interesting, that they had learnt some acronyms and everyday expressions, and were very thankful to you for having given them the chance and your time on a weekend...
      Their only difficulty was the speed and fluidity of the session, as their slow typing abilities prevented them from contributing more often. In fact, when they had already managed to "write an utterance", they found the topic had already changed....

      I also printed 2 pages (out of the 20-page chatlog) for the rest of the class to observe the language and to spot what they found "interesting", with further explanations the 5 who were present added.
      Finally, I read aloud the email you sent me, Sus, which made everybody happy....,imagine, a teacher from Denmark willing to meet them again......;-)! By then, some others faces were brightening up at their prospective decision to join our next meeting...

      Encouraged by this success, I invited them to participate in a shared blog --which you suggested during the chat, girls,-- uploading their photos and writing about themselves (I've chosen Xanga). I'll let you know when you can visit the page.

      Thank you again, girls, you've helped me give my chicks a good push!
      Hugs,
      Rita