webcam vs. digital camera

  • CJones
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2003
      Hi, everyone,

      I would like to buy a digital camera that I can also use as a webcam.
      Can I hook up any digital camera to my computer and use it as a
      webcam?

      I already have a Logitech webcam, and I'd like something better, but
      I'd also like a camera that can be used anywhere anytime. I was
      impressed with the little camera Vance used at TESOL which took
      better quality pictures than my Logitech, and he could use a
      viewfinder to see what the camera was showing.

      How do I know if a digital camera can be used as a webcam that I
      could use with Yahoo Messenger?

      Chris