Finally - connected with windows!

  • Susanne Nyrop
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2003
      Hi all dear WIA-heads!

      Today I have a special experience of happiness and joy: the new Windows beast was defeated and discovered how to get connected. I have skipped the router that was set in between DSL modem and computer - it looks like that helped a lot. This way I can only be online with one computer at a time, but for now, I feel satisfied with spending my time in company with the Microsoft system XP. Yahoo Messenger works (voice not yet tested), mail system works, and my homepage will soon have an update!

      How I managed to get there - despite a tricky DSL connection and clumsy ISP helpdeskers? I retrieved a local and unemployed computer genius offering private practice at my home, and asked him to give me a first aid lecture! That made me feel well educated when he left after five hours of troubleshooting and bricolage, and safer the next time I get into severe trouble. Later, I will consider to get both computers working on DSL with an extra net adapter in the PC beast. And I will let this guy help me install and setup on location when needed. After all, how many hours and days have I spent on solving this problem?

      A special thanks to my patient WIA supporters, especially Daf, Elizabeth and Mike who provided helpful assistance, suggestions and troubleshooting along the road. Hear you on Wimba some time (next step ahead for me to conquer!)

      hugs, Sus

      PS forgive me about being behind with mail and other engagements. This has taken a lot of energy.