Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Fernanda's sortable tables - mac Bug?

  • Fernanda Rodrigues
    Message 1 of 25 , May 2, 2003
      Could you please tell me what error message you get?

      Fernanda

      On Fri, 2 May 2003 08:28:59 -0700 (PDT)
      dafne Chavez <dygonza@...> wrote:

      > Fernanda, I also got the error message after submitting :-( Daf
      >
      > Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...> wrote:Hi Sus, Maria and John
      >
      > I'm trying to figure out why you got an error message after submitting.
      > I tried the form mysel and had no problem and neither did Arif and
      > Damian, who managed to insert their data, as you can see here:
      > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/webheads.asp
      >
      > I'm including the institution as you suggested, and any more fields you
      > find essential.
      > The purpose of the files is to enable search and sorting by name,
      > surname, or any other field.
      >
      > Fernanda
      >
      > On Fri, 02 May 2003 00:18:47 +0200
      > Susanne Nyrop <s.nyrop@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi Fernanda,
      > >
      > > I tried to fill in your information template. And the questions (about
      > > myself, my nationality etc) looked reasonable. But an error message turned
      > > up when I wanted to submit. This might be caused of my Macintosh browser
      > > version of Internet Explorer. Did anyone else have a similar problem?
      > >
      > > Yours, Sus
      > >
      > > > From: Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...>
      > > > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 00:33:42 +0100
      > > > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
      > > > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sortable tables
      > > >

      > > > Hi all
      > > > I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating in
      > > > order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields are
      > > > too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?
      > > >
      > > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/
      > > >
      > > > Please say something. For the moment use:
      > > > login:teste
      > > > password: teste
      > > >
      > > > Fernanda

    • John H. Steele
      Message 2 of 25 , May 2, 2003
        The error message I get is "page not found".

        John (Dr. Cat)

        Prof. John H. Steele, Ph.D.
        English Department
        University of Puerto Rico at Aguadilla
        j_steele@...
        http://www.eslpalace.com

        dafne Chavez <dygonza@...> wrote:

        > Fernanda, I also got the error message after submitting :-( Daf
        >
        > Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...> wrote:Hi Sus,
        Maria and John

        > I'm trying to figure out why you got an error message after
        submitting.
        > I tried the form mysel and had no problem and neither did Arif and
        > Damian, who managed to insert their data, as you can see here:
        > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/webheads.asp
        >
        > I'm including the institution as you suggested, and any more fields
        you
        > find essential.
        > The purpose of the files is to enable search and sorting by name,
        > surname, or any other field.
        >
        > Fernanda
        >
        > On Fri, 02 May 2003 00:18:47 +0200
        > Susanne Nyrop <s.nyrop@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Hi Fernanda,
        > >
        > > I tried to fill in your information template. And the questions
        (about
        > > myself, my nationality etc) looked reasonable. But an error message
        turned
        > > up when I wanted to submit. This might be caused of my Macintosh
        browser
        > > version of Internet Explorer. Did anyone else have a similar
        problem?

        > > Yours, Sus
        > >
        > > > From: Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...>
        > > > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 00:33:42 +0100
        > > > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
        > > > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sortable tables
        > > >

        > > > Hi all
        > > > I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating
        in
        > > > order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields
        are
        > > > too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?
        > > >
        > > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/
        > > >
        > > > Please say something. For the moment use:
        > > > login:teste
        > > > password: teste
        > > >
        > > > Fernanda

        extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • dafne Chavez
        Message 3 of 25 , May 2, 2003
          This is it, Fernanda: HTTP 500 - Error interno del servidor
          Internet Explorer Daf

          Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...> wrote:Could you please tell me what error message you get?

          dafne Chavez <dygonza@...> wrote:

          > Fernanda, I also got the error message after submitting :-( Daf
          >
          > Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...> wrote:Hi Sus, Maria and John
          >
          > I'm trying to figure out why you got an error message after submitting.
          > I tried the form mysel and had no problem and neither did Arif and
          > Damian, who managed to insert their data, as you can see here:
          > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/webheads.asp
          >
          > I'm including the institution as you suggested, and any more fields you
          > find essential.
          > The purpose of the files is to enable search and sorting by name,
          > surname, or any other field.
          >
          > Fernanda
          >
          > On Fri, 02 May 2003 00:18:47 +0200
          > Susanne Nyrop <s.nyrop@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi Fernanda,
          > >
          > > I tried to fill in your information template. And the questions (about
          > > myself, my nationality etc) looked reasonable. But an error message turned
          > > up when I wanted to submit. This might be caused of my Macintosh browser
          > > version of Internet Explorer. Did anyone else have a similar problem?
          > >
          > > Yours, Sus
          > >
          > > > From: Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...>
          > > > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 00:33:42 +0100
          > > > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
          > > > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sortable tables
          > > >

          > > > Hi all
          > > > I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating in
          > > > order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields are
          > > > too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?
          > > >
          > > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/
          > > >
          > > > Please say something. For the moment use:
          > > > login:teste
          > > > password: teste
          > > >
          > > > Fernanda

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
          var lrec_target="_top"; var lrec_URL = new Array(); lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=0/id=flashurl/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?proflowers2+shopping:dmad/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=1/1051890520+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.proflowers.com/rmi-unframed-url/http://www.proflowers.com/freevase/index.cfm%3FREF=FGVYahooEgroupsLRECflash"; var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)"; var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.yimg.com/a/pr/proflowers2/proflowers_mom_300x250_30k.swf?clickTAG='+link+''; var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=2/id=altimgurl/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?proflowers2+shopping:dmad/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=3/1051890520+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.proflowers.com/rmi-unframed-url/http://www.proflowers.com/freevase/index.cfm%3FREF=FGVYahooEgroupsLRECgif"; var lrec_altimg = "http://us.yimg.com/a/pr/proflowers2/mday_300x250_vase_20k.gif"; var lrec_width = 300; var lrec_height = 250;

        • Susanne Nyrop
          Message 4 of 25 , May 2, 2003
            Fernanda,

            When I try to enter my informations,

            my error message looks as follows:

            Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

            Field 'webheads_tbl.icq' cannot be a zero-length string.

            /users/mfr/wia/register.asp, line 115

            (once I am at the fill in form, I still see no field for my occupation or
            affiliation. Also, I am wondering what I am supposed to enter as my login
            and Password(passwords are usually personal - and what domain are you
            asking for?)

            I was using the URL below. http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/

            Hugs, Sus

          • Maria Albers de Urriola
            Message 5 of 25 , May 2, 2003
              The error is page not found, get in touch with http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/
              María Irene

              Susanne Nyrop <s.nyrop@...> wrote:

              > Hi Fernanda,
              >
              > I tried to fill in your information template. And the questions (about
              > myself, my nationality etc) looked reasonable. But an error message turned
              > up when I wanted to submit. This might be caused of my Macintosh browser
              > version of Internet Explorer. Did anyone else have a similar problem?
              >
              > Yours, Sus
              >
              > > From: Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...>
              > > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 00:33:42 +0100
              > > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
              > > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sortable tables
              > >

              > > Hi all
              > > I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating in
              > > order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields are
              > > too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?
              > >
              > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/
              > >
              > > Please say something. For the moment use:
              > > login:teste
              > > password: teste
              > >
              > > Fernanda

              > For more information:

              extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

              Fernanda Rodrigues
              Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
              Setúbal
              http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp

              extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

            • CJones
              Message 6 of 25 , May 2, 2003
                Hi, Vance,

                Thanks for responding. I'm sure this is something I have to work out
                with the technical staff at my college, and it is an issue of
                bandwith. The difference between my office computer and the
                computers in the labs and classrooms is Windows 98 vs Windows 2000.
                The latter are locked down, so no programs can be added except by
                technicians with appropriate passwords. I just found out this week
                that Real One has been disabled or not installed on those computers.
                I'm supposed to have Windows 2000 on my office computer as well, but
                I've made a point not to complain about small problems this year.
                The technicians have been too busy to go around and check all the
                staff computers, but that may happen this summer.

                Meanwhile I need to put on my most persuasive behavior and explain to
                a couple administrators why I want to use software with voice
                capabilities. My request for Yahoo Messenger in the computer
                classroom next fall has already been made as well as Real One in the
                other classroom I'll use. I had hoped to try out one of the Real
                English videos with a class this spring. Too late now as we have
                only one week of class and finals.

                Chris Jones

                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Vance Stevens
                <vstevens@e...> wrote:

                > > Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:55:02 -0700 (PDT)
                > From: Chris Jones <edtec2002@y...>
                > I enjoyed Teresa's presentation so much that I decided
                > it was time to try voice chat with one of my classes.
                > I've used all sorts of excuses in the past. Anyway I
                > had 3 students who finished their work early in my
                > Internet class login to Wimba. All the computers,
                > including the instructor's, came up with "voice
                > unavailable." :-( I then came back to my office and
                > tried it here, and the voice was initialized fine. <
                >
                > Ok, what's the difference between your office and student
                computers? Ask you network administrator if there are any
                differences in firewall permissions. If he says not then it would be
                something particular to the computers themselves.

                http://java.sun.com/getjava/index.html

                > I've installed the fix to a couple of computers and got Wimba
                working. You might also look into Direct X issues. Do you have a
                different version of Direct-X on your office and student computers?
                MS have a new Direct-X 9.0 out that has resolved connectivity
                problems on some computers in my workplace (couldn't get tapped in
                before, now they can). I haven't had a chance to investigate this
                much, but these are two things you can try.

                > I'm pretty sure that voice has somehow been disabled
                > on most college computers. I also asked to have Real
                > One put on the only computer in a regular classroom
                > for next fall, so I could use Real English videos. I
                > was asked specifically which classroom I use since
                > Real One has been disabled in classrooms.
                >
                > It's evidentally a bandwith problem.
                >
                > This is reasonable. We had the same problem on our network at one
                point. Firewalls can be slowing you down. Redundant firewalls are a
                problem on some networks. Chokepoints at obsolute switches and
                routers can cause problems. You need Real functionality, so agitate
                for more bandwidth.