TI2 Launch festival in July

  • Susanne Nyrop
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2003
      Hi Vance and all,

      Tada!
      Let me announce the TI2 launch festival that will take place in July, on a
      Wednesday. Like last year, I have reserved a place for Webheads to join
      this event where the active user groups will have some Open House activity.
      As I¹m in the Helpdesk group, I¹m also in the festival committee, but we can
      definitely use more hands for this.

      Yes. TI classic is going to close down soon. I had hoped for a smoother
      transmission for Webheads to TI2 because that¹s where the helpdesk
      activities will be taking place, most of the other ASO sessions are already
      moving. And we do need to get familiar with the new TI2 interface, that has
      got many advantages over the old that was built on the complex programming
      language from the text-only MOO system. The programmers are really doing a
      great job taking care of all the demands for better tools, and as we have
      been invited as beta testers, we have had the opportunity to follow the
      process at a closer hold. Vance, I do not really understand why you resist
      that strongly, as you¹re usually very keen on experimenting with new tools.
      I¹ve already asked the developers to make a direct link from the front page
      URL, but they may have their reasons for directing us to a newer url. I
      agree with you that it can be a cumbersome process to have more chats
      running simultaneously - and you can stay with your Wimba friends and have
      great fun without even a real need to go to TI.

      However, as the support for moving to TI2 is definitely not encouraging,
      I¹ve decided not to go for the CSCL conference in June. I feel that I am not
      yet ready for this face to face presentation, partly because the technical
      and professional level of this conference is very high, and partly because I
      need to save money so I can finally buy that Windows computer instead of
      always lacking behind as a stubborn bug testing grumpy grey leftover. So,
      instead of spending one thousand Euros (if that does it) on an expensive
      conference with travel and hotel, being at risk of postulating that we do
      have an active TI2 habit, I will buy that Windows PC!!! Just imagine how
      fun it will be to meet you in a voice chat :-)

      In the meantime, let me be your guide in TI2 whenever possible; I hope to be
      there on Sunday at noon GMT this weekend ­ unless family duties keep me
      away!

      Yours,
      Sus