Fernanda's sortable tables - mac Bug?

  • Susanne Nyrop
    Message 1 of 25 , May 1, 2003
      Hi Fernanda,

      I tried to fill in your information template. And the questions (about
      myself, my nationality etc) looked reasonable. But an error message turned
      up when I wanted to submit. This might be caused of my Macintosh browser
      version of Internet Explorer. Did anyone else have a similar problem?

      Yours, Sus

      > From: Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...>
      > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 00:33:42 +0100
      > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sortable tables
      >

      > Hi all
      > I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating in
      > order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields are
      > too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?
      >
      > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/
      >
      > Please say something. For the moment use:
      > login:teste
      > password: teste
      >
      > Fernanda

    • Maria Albers de Urriola
      Message 2 of 25 , May 1, 2003
        Hi Fernanda,
        I had the same problem Susan had, after submiting I got the
        this-page-could-not-be-found message.
        Why not include the institution we work for? Everything depends on the
        purpose of the table.
        Greetings,
        María Irene
        I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating in
        order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields are
        too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?

        http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/

        Please say something. For the moment use:
        login:teste
        password: teste

        Fernanda

        Fernanda Rodrigues
        Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
        Setúbal
        http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp

        extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

      • J. H. Steele
        Message 3 of 25 , May 1, 2003
          Ditto here using MS Explorer on a PC. Oh, and I second the idea of putting
          the institution on the list of topics.

          Dr. Cat

          Prof. John H. Steele, Ph.D.
          English Department
          University of Puerto Rico at Aguadilla
          jhsteele@... http://www.eslpalace.com

          I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating in
          order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields are
          too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?

          http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/

          Please say something. For the moment use:
          login:teste
          password: teste

          Fernanda

          Fernanda Rodrigues
          Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
          Setúbal
          http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp

          extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

          extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

        • Fernanda Rodrigues
          Message 4 of 25 , May 2, 2003
            Hi Sus, Maria and John

            I'm trying to figure out why you got an error message after submitting.
            I tried the form mysel and had no problem and neither did Arif and
            Damian, who managed to insert their data, as you can see here:
            http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/webheads.asp

            I'm including the institution as you suggested, and any more fields you
            find essential.
            The purpose of the files is to enable search and sorting by name,
            surname, or any other field.

            Fernanda

            On Fri, 02 May 2003 00:18:47 +0200
            Susanne Nyrop <s.nyrop@...> wrote:

            > Hi Fernanda,
            >
            > I tried to fill in your information template. And the questions (about
            > myself, my nationality etc) looked reasonable. But an error message turned
            > up when I wanted to submit. This might be caused of my Macintosh browser
            > version of Internet Explorer. Did anyone else have a similar problem?
            >
            > Yours, Sus
            >
            > > From: Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...>
            > > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 00:33:42 +0100
            > > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
            > > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sortable tables
            > >

            > > Hi all
            > > I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating in
            > > order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields are
            > > too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?
            > >
            > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/
            > >
            > > Please say something. For the moment use:
            > > login:teste
            > > password: teste
            > >
            > > Fernanda

            > For more information:
            >
            > When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

            Fernanda Rodrigues
            Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
            Setúbal
            http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp
          • dafne Chavez
            Message 5 of 25 , May 2, 2003
              Fernanda, I also got the error message after submitting :-( Daf

              Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...> wrote:Hi Sus, Maria and John

              Susanne Nyrop <s.nyrop@...> wrote:

              > Hi Fernanda,
              >
              > I tried to fill in your information template. And the questions (about
              > myself, my nationality etc) looked reasonable. But an error message turned
              > up when I wanted to submit. This might be caused of my Macintosh browser
              > version of Internet Explorer. Did anyone else have a similar problem?
              >
              > Yours, Sus
              >
              > > From: Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...>
              > > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 00:33:42 +0100
              > > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
              > > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sortable tables
              > >

              > > Hi all
              > > I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating in
              > > order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields are
              > > too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?
              > >
              > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/
              > >
              > > Please say something. For the moment use:
              > > login:teste
              > > password: teste
              > >
              > > Fernanda

              > For more information:
              >
              > When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

              Fernanda Rodrigues
              Escola Secund�ria Sebasti�o da Gama
              Set�bal
              http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
              var lrec_target="_top"; var lrec_URL = new Array(); lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=0/id=flashurl/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?proflowers2+shopping:dmad/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=1/1051885700+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.proflowers.com/rmi-unframed-url/http://www.proflowers.com/freevase/index.cfm%3FREF=FGVYahooEgroupsLRECflash"; var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)"; var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.yimg.com/a/pr/proflowers2/proflowers_mom_300x250_30k.swf?clickTAG='+link+''; var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=2/id=altimgurl/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?proflowers2+shopping:dmad/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=3/1051885700+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.proflowers.com/rmi-unframed-url/http://www.proflowers.com/freevase/index.cfm%3FREF=FGVYahooEgroupsLRECgif"; var lrec_altimg = "http://us.yimg.com/a/pr/proflowers2/mday_300x250_vase_20k.gif"; var lrec_width = 300; var lrec_height = 250;

              Message 6 of 25 , May 2, 2003
                From: Chris Jones <edtec2002@...>
                Subject: Wimba

                Hi, all,

                I enjoyed Teresa's presentation so much that I decided
                it was time to try voice chat with one of my classes.
                I've used all sorts of excuses in the past. Anyway I
                had 3 students who finished their work early in my
                Internet class login to Wimba. All the computers,
                including the instructor's, came up with "voice
                unavailable." :-( I then came back to my office and
                tried it here, and the voice was initialized fine. <

                Ok, what's the difference between your office and student computers? Ask you network administrator if there are any differences in firewall permissions. If he says not then it would be something particular to the computers themselves.

                Venny helped me out of a jam on my TESOL laptop by reminding me of this site:

                To resolve Java problems, update here: http://java.sun.com/getjava/index.html

                I've installed the fix to a couple of computers and got Wimba working. You might also look into Direct X issues. Do you have a different version of Direct-X on your office and student computers? MS have a new Direct-X 9.0 out that has resolved connectivity problems on some computers in my workplace (couldn't get tapped in before, now they can). I haven't had a chance to investigate this much, but these are two things you can try.

                I'm pretty sure that voice has somehow been disabled
                on most college computers. I also asked to have Real
                One put on the only computer in a regular classroom
                for next fall, so I could use Real English videos. I
                was asked specifically which classroom I use since
                Real One has been disabled in classrooms.

                It's evidentally a bandwith problem.

                This is reasonable. We had the same problem on our network at one point. Firewalls can be slowing you down. Redundant firewalls are a problem on some networks. Chokepoints at obsolute switches and routers can cause problems. You need Real functionality, so agitate for more bandwidth.

                Vance
              • Fernanda Rodrigues
                Message 7 of 25 , May 2, 2003
                  Could you please tell me what error message you get?

                  Fernanda

                  On Fri, 2 May 2003 08:28:59 -0700 (PDT)
                  dafne Chavez <dygonza@...> wrote:

                  > Fernanda, I also got the error message after submitting :-( Daf
                  >
                  > Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...> wrote:Hi Sus, Maria and John
                  >
                  > I'm trying to figure out why you got an error message after submitting.
                  > I tried the form mysel and had no problem and neither did Arif and
                  > Damian, who managed to insert their data, as you can see here:
                  > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/webheads.asp
                  >
                  > I'm including the institution as you suggested, and any more fields you
                  > find essential.
                  > The purpose of the files is to enable search and sorting by name,
                  > surname, or any other field.
                  >
                  > Fernanda
                  >
                  > On Fri, 02 May 2003 00:18:47 +0200
                  > Susanne Nyrop <s.nyrop@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Hi Fernanda,
                  > >
                  > > I tried to fill in your information template. And the questions (about
                  > > myself, my nationality etc) looked reasonable. But an error message turned
                  > > up when I wanted to submit. This might be caused of my Macintosh browser
                  > > version of Internet Explorer. Did anyone else have a similar problem?
                  > >
                  > > Yours, Sus
                  > >
                  > > > From: Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...>
                  > > > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 00:33:42 +0100
                  > > > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
                  > > > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sortable tables
                  > > >

                  > > > Hi all
                  > > > I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating in
                  > > > order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields are
                  > > > too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?
                  > > >
                  > > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/
                  > > >
                  > > > Please say something. For the moment use:
                  > > > login:teste
                  > > > password: teste
                  > > >
                  > > > Fernanda

                • John H. Steele
                  Message 8 of 25 , May 2, 2003
                    The error message I get is "page not found".

                    John (Dr. Cat)

                    j_steele@...
                    http://www.eslpalace.com

                    dafne Chavez <dygonza@...> wrote:

                    > Fernanda, I also got the error message after submitting :-( Daf
                    >
                    > Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...> wrote:Hi Sus,
                    Maria and John

                    > I'm trying to figure out why you got an error message after
                    submitting.
                    > I tried the form mysel and had no problem and neither did Arif and
                    > Damian, who managed to insert their data, as you can see here:
                    > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/webheads.asp
                    >
                    > I'm including the institution as you suggested, and any more fields
                    you
                    > find essential.
                    > The purpose of the files is to enable search and sorting by name,
                    > surname, or any other field.
                    >
                    > Fernanda
                    >
                    > On Fri, 02 May 2003 00:18:47 +0200
                    > Susanne Nyrop <s.nyrop@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Hi Fernanda,
                    > >
                    > > I tried to fill in your information template. And the questions
                    (about
                    > > myself, my nationality etc) looked reasonable. But an error message
                    turned
                    > > up when I wanted to submit. This might be caused of my Macintosh
                    browser
                    > > version of Internet Explorer. Did anyone else have a similar
                    problem?

                    > > Yours, Sus
                    > >
                    > > > From: Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...>
                    > > > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 00:33:42 +0100
                    > > > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
                    > > > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sortable tables
                    > > >

                    > > > Hi all
                    > > > I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating
                    in
                    > > > order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields
                    are
                    > > > too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?
                    > > >
                    > > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/
                    > > >
                    > > > Please say something. For the moment use:
                    > > > login:teste
                    > > > password: teste
                    > > >
                    > > > Fernanda

                    extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

                    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                  • dafne Chavez
                    Message 9 of 25 , May 2, 2003
                      This is it, Fernanda: HTTP 500 - Error interno del servidor
                      Internet Explorer Daf

                      Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...> wrote:Could you please tell me what error message you get?

                      dafne Chavez <dygonza@...> wrote:

                      > Fernanda, I also got the error message after submitting :-( Daf
                      >
                      > Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...> wrote:Hi Sus, Maria and John
                      >
                      > I'm trying to figure out why you got an error message after submitting.
                      > I tried the form mysel and had no problem and neither did Arif and
                      > Damian, who managed to insert their data, as you can see here:
                      > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/webheads.asp
                      >
                      > I'm including the institution as you suggested, and any more fields you
                      > find essential.
                      > The purpose of the files is to enable search and sorting by name,
                      > surname, or any other field.
                      >
                      > Fernanda
                      >
                      > On Fri, 02 May 2003 00:18:47 +0200
                      > Susanne Nyrop <s.nyrop@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > Hi Fernanda,
                      > >
                      > > I tried to fill in your information template. And the questions (about
                      > > myself, my nationality etc) looked reasonable. But an error message turned
                      > > up when I wanted to submit. This might be caused of my Macintosh browser
                      > > version of Internet Explorer. Did anyone else have a similar problem?
                      > >
                      > > Yours, Sus
                      > >
                      > > > From: Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...>
                      > > > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 00:33:42 +0100
                      > > > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
                      > > > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sortable tables
                      > > >

                      > > > Hi all
                      > > > I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating in
                      > > > order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields are
                      > > > too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?
                      > > >
                      > > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/
                      > > >
                      > > > Please say something. For the moment use:
                      > > > login:teste
                      > > > password: teste
                      > > >
                      > > > Fernanda

                      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
                      var lrec_target="_top"; var lrec_URL = new Array(); lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=0/id=flashurl/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?proflowers2+shopping:dmad/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=1/1051890520+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.proflowers.com/rmi-unframed-url/http://www.proflowers.com/freevase/index.cfm%3FREF=FGVYahooEgroupsLRECflash"; var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)"; var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.yimg.com/a/pr/proflowers2/proflowers_mom_300x250_30k.swf?clickTAG='+link+''; var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=2/id=altimgurl/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?proflowers2+shopping:dmad/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=3/1051890520+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.proflowers.com/rmi-unframed-url/http://www.proflowers.com/freevase/index.cfm%3FREF=FGVYahooEgroupsLRECgif"; var lrec_altimg = "http://us.yimg.com/a/pr/proflowers2/mday_300x250_vase_20k.gif"; var lrec_width = 300; var lrec_height = 250;

                    • Susanne Nyrop
                      Message 10 of 25 , May 2, 2003
                        Fernanda,

                        When I try to enter my informations,

                        my error message looks as follows:

                        Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

                        Field 'webheads_tbl.icq' cannot be a zero-length string.

                        /users/mfr/wia/register.asp, line 115

                        (once I am at the fill in form, I still see no field for my occupation or
                        affiliation. Also, I am wondering what I am supposed to enter as my login
                        and Password(passwords are usually personal - and what domain are you
                        asking for?)

                        I was using the URL below. http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/

                        Hugs, Sus

                      • Maria Albers de Urriola
                        Message 11 of 25 , May 2, 2003
                          The error is page not found, get in touch with http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/
                          María Irene

                          Susanne Nyrop <s.nyrop@...> wrote:

                          > Hi Fernanda,
                          >
                          > I tried to fill in your information template. And the questions (about
                          > myself, my nationality etc) looked reasonable. But an error message turned
                          > up when I wanted to submit. This might be caused of my Macintosh browser
                          > version of Internet Explorer. Did anyone else have a similar problem?
                          >
                          > Yours, Sus
                          >
                          > > From: Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...>
                          > > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 00:33:42 +0100
                          > > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
                          > > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sortable tables
                          > >

                          > > Hi all
                          > > I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating in
                          > > order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields are
                          > > too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?
                          > >
                          > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/
                          > >
                          > > Please say something. For the moment use:
                          > > login:teste
                          > > password: teste
                          > >
                          > > Fernanda

                          > For more information:

                          extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

                          Fernanda Rodrigues
                          Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
                          Setúbal
                          http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp

                          extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

                        • CJones
                          Message 12 of 25 , May 2, 2003
                            Hi, Vance,

                            Thanks for responding. I'm sure this is something I have to work out
                            with the technical staff at my college, and it is an issue of
                            bandwith. The difference between my office computer and the
                            computers in the labs and classrooms is Windows 98 vs Windows 2000.
                            The latter are locked down, so no programs can be added except by
                            technicians with appropriate passwords. I just found out this week
                            that Real One has been disabled or not installed on those computers.
                            I'm supposed to have Windows 2000 on my office computer as well, but
                            I've made a point not to complain about small problems this year.
                            The technicians have been too busy to go around and check all the
                            staff computers, but that may happen this summer.

                            Meanwhile I need to put on my most persuasive behavior and explain to
                            a couple administrators why I want to use software with voice
                            capabilities. My request for Yahoo Messenger in the computer
                            classroom next fall has already been made as well as Real One in the
                            other classroom I'll use. I had hoped to try out one of the Real
                            English videos with a class this spring. Too late now as we have
                            only one week of class and finals.

                            Chris Jones

                            --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Vance Stevens