Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sortable tables

  • Fernanda Rodrigues
    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 30, 2003
      Hi all
      I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating in
      order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields are
      too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?

      http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/

      Please say something. For the moment use:
      login:teste
      password: teste

      Fernanda

      Fernanda Rodrigues
      Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
      Setúbal
      http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp
      Message 2 of 25 , May 1, 2003
        Dear Chris,

        I'd like to start by thanking you personally for your great patience,
        endurance and contribution to my session. I kept identifying the different
        places you all were in and stressing the different time zones. I
        particularly emphasized the early morning hour in your time zone, Chris. And
        said it revealed our bonds, team spirit and collaboration!

        I also enjoyed the voice chat and so did the audience: completely
        concentrated the whole time and totally amazed at the quality and clearness
        of most of the voices. It still amazes me too!

        We had an ISDN connection and I didn't think we'd get through to another so
        well.

        I'm glad that the session encouraged you to try voice chat with your
        students and hope you get all your computer lab problems solved soon. Chris,
        what is life without problems? Boring, right! ;-)

        We will all continue persevering. I still have to give chat a try with my
        students. But I'll take one step at a time with them. It's going to be a
        giant leap for them, especially because it will be in the L2.

        Hugs, Teresa

        > Hi, all,
        >
        > I enjoyed Teresa's presentation so much that I decided
        > it was time to try voice chat with one of my classes.
        > I've used all sorts of excuses in the past. Anyway I
        > had 3 students who finished their work early in my
        > Internet class login to Wimba. All the computers,
        > including the instructor's, came up with "voice
        > unavailable." :-( I then came back to my office and
        > tried it here, and the voice was initialized fine.
        >
        > . . .
        >
        > Thanks, Teresa, for spurring me on. I will persevere,
        > but there are more hurdles than I was anticipating.
        >
        > Chris Jones
      • Susanne Nyrop
        Message 3 of 25 , May 1, 2003
          Hi Fernanda,

          I tried to fill in your information template. And the questions (about
          myself, my nationality etc) looked reasonable. But an error message turned
          up when I wanted to submit. This might be caused of my Macintosh browser
          version of Internet Explorer. Did anyone else have a similar problem?

          Yours, Sus

          > From: Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...>
          > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 00:33:42 +0100
          > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sortable tables
          >

          > Hi all
          > I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating in
          > order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields are
          > too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?
          >
          > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/
          >
          > Please say something. For the moment use:
          > login:teste
          > password: teste
          >
          > Fernanda

        • Maria Albers de Urriola
          Message 4 of 25 , May 1, 2003
            Hi Fernanda,
            I had the same problem Susan had, after submiting I got the
            this-page-could-not-be-found message.
            Why not include the institution we work for? Everything depends on the
            purpose of the table.
            Greetings,
            María Irene
            I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating in
            order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields are
            too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?

            http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/

            Please say something. For the moment use:
            login:teste
            password: teste

            Fernanda

            Fernanda Rodrigues
            Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
            Setúbal
            http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp

            extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

          • J. H. Steele
            Message 5 of 25 , May 1, 2003
              Ditto here using MS Explorer on a PC. Oh, and I second the idea of putting
              the institution on the list of topics.

              Dr. Cat

              Prof. John H. Steele, Ph.D.
              English Department
              University of Puerto Rico at Aguadilla
              jhsteele@... http://www.eslpalace.com

              Message 6 of 25 , May 2, 2003
                Hi Sus, Maria and John

                I'm trying to figure out why you got an error message after submitting.
                I tried the form mysel and had no problem and neither did Arif and
                Damian, who managed to insert their data, as you can see here:
                http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/webheads.asp

                I'm including the institution as you suggested, and any more fields you
                find essential.
                The purpose of the files is to enable search and sorting by name,
                surname, or any other field.

                Fernanda

                On Fri, 02 May 2003 00:18:47 +0200
                Susanne Nyrop <s.nyrop@...> wrote:

                > Hi Fernanda,
                >
                > I tried to fill in your information template. And the questions (about
                > myself, my nationality etc) looked reasonable. But an error message turned
                > up when I wanted to submit. This might be caused of my Macintosh browser
                > version of Internet Explorer. Did anyone else have a similar problem?
                >
                > Yours, Sus
                >
                > > From: Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...>
                > > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 00:33:42 +0100
                > > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
                > > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sortable tables
                > >

                > > Hi all
                > > I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating in
                > > order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields are
                > > too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?
                > >
                > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/
                > >
                > > Please say something. For the moment use:
                > > login:teste
                > > password: teste
                > >
                > > Fernanda

                > For more information:
                >
                > When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

                Fernanda Rodrigues
                Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
                Setúbal
                http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp
              • dafne Chavez
                Message 7 of 25 , May 2, 2003
                  Fernanda, I also got the error message after submitting :-( Daf

                  Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...> wrote:Hi Sus, Maria and John

                  Susanne Nyrop <s.nyrop@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Fernanda,
                  >
                  > I tried to fill in your information template. And the questions (about
                  > myself, my nationality etc) looked reasonable. But an error message turned
                  > up when I wanted to submit. This might be caused of my Macintosh browser
                  > version of Internet Explorer. Did anyone else have a similar problem?
                  >
                  > Yours, Sus
                  >
                  > > From: Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...>
                  > > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 00:33:42 +0100
                  > > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
                  > > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sortable tables
                  > >

                  > > Hi all
                  > > I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating in
                  > > order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields are
                  > > too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?
                  > >
                  > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/
                  > >
                  > > Please say something. For the moment use:
                  > > login:teste
                  > > password: teste
                  > >
                  > > Fernanda

                  > For more information:
                  >
                  > When replying to postings, please delete this footer and any other extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

                  Fernanda Rodrigues
                  Escola Secund�ria Sebasti�o da Gama
                  Set�bal
                  http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp

                  Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
                  var lrec_target="_top"; var lrec_URL = new Array(); lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=0/id=flashurl/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?proflowers2+shopping:dmad/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=1/1051885700+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.proflowers.com/rmi-unframed-url/http://www.proflowers.com/freevase/index.cfm%3FREF=FGVYahooEgroupsLRECflash"; var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)"; var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.yimg.com/a/pr/proflowers2/proflowers_mom_300x250_30k.swf?clickTAG='+link+''; var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=2/id=altimgurl/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?proflowers2+shopping:dmad/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=3/1051885700+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.proflowers.com/rmi-unframed-url/http://www.proflowers.com/freevase/index.cfm%3FREF=FGVYahooEgroupsLRECgif"; var lrec_altimg = "http://us.yimg.com/a/pr/proflowers2/mday_300x250_vase_20k.gif"; var lrec_width = 300; var lrec_height = 250;

                  Message 8 of 25 , May 2, 2003
                    From: Chris Jones <edtec2002@...>
                    Subject: Wimba

                    Hi, all,

                    I enjoyed Teresa's presentation so much that I decided
                    it was time to try voice chat with one of my classes.
                    I've used all sorts of excuses in the past. Anyway I
                    had 3 students who finished their work early in my
                    Internet class login to Wimba. All the computers,
                    including the instructor's, came up with "voice
                    unavailable." :-( I then came back to my office and
                    tried it here, and the voice was initialized fine. <

                    Ok, what's the difference between your office and student computers? Ask you network administrator if there are any differences in firewall permissions. If he says not then it would be something particular to the computers themselves.

                    Venny helped me out of a jam on my TESOL laptop by reminding me of this site:

                    To resolve Java problems, update here: http://java.sun.com/getjava/index.html

                    I've installed the fix to a couple of computers and got Wimba working. You might also look into Direct X issues. Do you have a different version of Direct-X on your office and student computers? MS have a new Direct-X 9.0 out that has resolved connectivity problems on some computers in my workplace (couldn't get tapped in before, now they can). I haven't had a chance to investigate this much, but these are two things you can try.

                    I'm pretty sure that voice has somehow been disabled
                    on most college computers. I also asked to have Real
                    One put on the only computer in a regular classroom
                    for next fall, so I could use Real English videos. I
                    was asked specifically which classroom I use since
                    Real One has been disabled in classrooms.

                    It's evidentally a bandwith problem.

                    This is reasonable. We had the same problem on our network at one point. Firewalls can be slowing you down. Redundant firewalls are a problem on some networks. Chokepoints at obsolute switches and routers can cause problems. You need Real functionality, so agitate for more bandwidth.

                    Vance
                  • Fernanda Rodrigues
                    Message 9 of 25 , May 2, 2003
                      Could you please tell me what error message you get?

                      Fernanda

                      On Fri, 2 May 2003 08:28:59 -0700 (PDT)
                      dafne Chavez <dygonza@...> wrote:

                      > Fernanda, I also got the error message after submitting :-( Daf
                      >
                      > Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...> wrote:Hi Sus, Maria and John
                      >
                      > I'm trying to figure out why you got an error message after submitting.
                      > I tried the form mysel and had no problem and neither did Arif and
                      > Damian, who managed to insert their data, as you can see here:
                      > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/webheads.asp
                      >
                      > I'm including the institution as you suggested, and any more fields you
                      > find essential.
                      > The purpose of the files is to enable search and sorting by name,
                      > surname, or any other field.
                      >
                      > Fernanda
                      >
                      > On Fri, 02 May 2003 00:18:47 +0200
                      > Susanne Nyrop <s.nyrop@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > Hi Fernanda,
                      > >
                      > > I tried to fill in your information template. And the questions (about
                      > > myself, my nationality etc) looked reasonable. But an error message turned
                      > > up when I wanted to submit. This might be caused of my Macintosh browser
                      > > version of Internet Explorer. Did anyone else have a similar problem?
                      > >
                      > > Yours, Sus
                      > >
                      > > > From: Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...>
                      > > > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 00:33:42 +0100
                      > > > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
                      > > > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sortable tables
                      > > >

                      > > > Hi all
                      > > > I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating in
                      > > > order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields are
                      > > > too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?
                      > > >
                      > > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/
                      > > >
                      > > > Please say something. For the moment use:
                      > > > login:teste
                      > > > password: teste
                      > > >
                      > > > Fernanda

                    • John H. Steele
                      Message 10 of 25 , May 2, 2003
                        The error message I get is "page not found".

                        John (Dr. Cat)

                        j_steele@...
                        http://www.eslpalace.com

                        dafne Chavez <dygonza@...> wrote:

                        > Fernanda, I also got the error message after submitting :-( Daf
                        >
                        > Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...> wrote:Hi Sus,
                        Maria and John

                        > I'm trying to figure out why you got an error message after
                        submitting.
                        > I tried the form mysel and had no problem and neither did Arif and
                        > Damian, who managed to insert their data, as you can see here:
                        > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/webheads.asp
                        >
                        > I'm including the institution as you suggested, and any more fields
                        you
                        > find essential.
                        > The purpose of the files is to enable search and sorting by name,
                        > surname, or any other field.
                        >
                        > Fernanda
                        >
                        > On Fri, 02 May 2003 00:18:47 +0200
                        > Susanne Nyrop <s.nyrop@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > Hi Fernanda,
                        > >
                        > > I tried to fill in your information template. And the questions
                        (about
                        > > myself, my nationality etc) looked reasonable. But an error message
                        turned
                        > > up when I wanted to submit. This might be caused of my Macintosh
                        browser
                        > > version of Internet Explorer. Did anyone else have a similar
                        problem?

                        > > Yours, Sus
                        > >
                        > > > From: Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...>
                        > > > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 00:33:42 +0100
                        > > > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
                        > > > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sortable tables
                        > > >

                        > > > Hi all
                        > > > I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating
                        in
                        > > > order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields
                        are
                        > > > too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?
                        > > >
                        > > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/
                        > > >
                        > > > Please say something. For the moment use:
                        > > > login:teste
                        > > > password: teste
                        > > >
                        > > > Fernanda

                        extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

                        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                      • dafne Chavez
                        Message 11 of 25 , May 2, 2003
                          This is it, Fernanda: HTTP 500 - Error interno del servidor
                          Internet Explorer Daf

                          Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...> wrote:Could you please tell me what error message you get?

                          dafne Chavez <dygonza@...> wrote:

                          > Fernanda, I also got the error message after submitting :-( Daf
                          >
                          > Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...> wrote:Hi Sus, Maria and John
                          >
                          > I'm trying to figure out why you got an error message after submitting.
                          > I tried the form mysel and had no problem and neither did Arif and
                          > Damian, who managed to insert their data, as you can see here:
                          > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/webheads.asp
                          >
                          > I'm including the institution as you suggested, and any more fields you
                          > find essential.
                          > The purpose of the files is to enable search and sorting by name,
                          > surname, or any other field.
                          >
                          > Fernanda
                          >
                          > On Fri, 02 May 2003 00:18:47 +0200
                          > Susanne Nyrop <s.nyrop@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > Hi Fernanda,
                          > >
                          > > I tried to fill in your information template. And the questions (about
                          > > myself, my nationality etc) looked reasonable. But an error message turned
                          > > up when I wanted to submit. This might be caused of my Macintosh browser
                          > > version of Internet Explorer. Did anyone else have a similar problem?
                          > >
                          > > Yours, Sus
                          > >
                          > > > From: Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...>
                          > > > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 00:33:42 +0100
                          > > > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
                          > > > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sortable tables
                          > > >

                          > > > Hi all
                          > > > I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating in
                          > > > order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields are
                          > > > too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?
                          > > >
                          > > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/
                          > > >
                          > > > Please say something. For the moment use:
                          > > > login:teste
                          > > > password: teste
                          > > >
                          > > > Fernanda

                          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
                          var lrec_target="_top"; var lrec_URL = new Array(); lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=0/id=flashurl/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?proflowers2+shopping:dmad/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=1/1051890520+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.proflowers.com/rmi-unframed-url/http://www.proflowers.com/freevase/index.cfm%3FREF=FGVYahooEgroupsLRECflash"; var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)"; var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.yimg.com/a/pr/proflowers2/proflowers_mom_300x250_30k.swf?clickTAG='+link+''; var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=2/id=altimgurl/*http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?proflowers2+shopping:dmad/M=231971.3069703.4522067.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705080709:HM/A=1554463/R=3/1051890520+http://us.rmi.yahoo.com/rmi/http://www.proflowers.com/rmi-unframed-url/http://www.proflowers.com/freevase/index.cfm%3FREF=FGVYahooEgroupsLRECgif"; var lrec_altimg = "http://us.yimg.com/a/pr/proflowers2/mday_300x250_vase_20k.gif"; var lrec_width = 300; var lrec_height = 250;

                        • Susanne Nyrop
                          Message 12 of 25 , May 2, 2003
                            Fernanda,

                            When I try to enter my informations,

                            my error message looks as follows:

                            Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

                            Field 'webheads_tbl.icq' cannot be a zero-length string.

                            /users/mfr/wia/register.asp, line 115

                            (once I am at the fill in form, I still see no field for my occupation or
                            affiliation. Also, I am wondering what I am supposed to enter as my login
                            and Password(passwords are usually personal - and what domain are you
                            asking for?)

                            I was using the URL below. http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/

                            Hugs, Sus

                          • Maria Albers de Urriola
                            Message 13 of 25 , May 2, 2003
                              The error is page not found, get in touch with http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/
                              María Irene

                              Susanne Nyrop <s.nyrop@...> wrote:

                              > Hi Fernanda,
                              >
                              > I tried to fill in your information template. And the questions (about
                              > myself, my nationality etc) looked reasonable. But an error message turned
                              > up when I wanted to submit. This might be caused of my Macintosh browser
                              > version of Internet Explorer. Did anyone else have a similar problem?
                              >
                              > Yours, Sus
                              >
                              > > From: Fernanda Rodrigues <fernanda.rodrigues@...>
                              > > Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 00:33:42 +0100
                              > > To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com
                              > > Subject: Re: [evonline2002_webheads] sortable tables
                              > >

                              > > Hi all
                              > > I'd like you to take a look and comment on the files I'm creating in
                              > > order to produce (later) a sortable table. Do you think the fields are
                              > > too many/too few/the right ones/sth important missing?
                              > >
                              > > http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/mfr/wia/
                              > >
                              > > Please say something. For the moment use:
                              > > login:teste
                              > > password: teste
                              > >
                              > > Fernanda

                              > For more information:

                              extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

                              Fernanda Rodrigues
                              Escola Secundária Sebastião da Gama
                              Setúbal
                              http://www.prof2000.pt:9999/users/essg/escola/default.asp

                              extraneous text from the reply - Thanks!!

                            • CJones
                              Message 14 of 25 , May 2, 2003
                                Hi, Vance,

                                Thanks for responding. I'm sure this is something I have to work out
                                with the technical staff at my college, and it is an issue of
                                bandwith. The difference between my office computer and the
                                computers in the labs and classrooms is Windows 98 vs Windows 2000.
                                The latter are locked down, so no programs can be added except by
                                technicians with appropriate passwords. I just found out this week
                                that Real One has been disabled or not installed on those computers.
                                I'm supposed to have Windows 2000 on my office computer as well, but
                                I've made a point not to complain about small problems this year.
                                The technicians have been too busy to go around and check all the
                                staff computers, but that may happen this summer.

                                Meanwhile I need to put on my most persuasive behavior and explain to
                                a couple administrators why I want to use software with voice
                                capabilities. My request for Yahoo Messenger in the computer
                                classroom next fall has already been made as well as Real One in the
                                other classroom I'll use. I had hoped to try out one of the Real
                                English videos with a class this spring. Too late now as we have
                                only one week of class and finals.

                                Chris Jones

                                --- In evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com, Vance Stevens