help about web-based instruction

  • azrabingöl
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2003
      Dear Webheads,
      My name is Azra Nihal Bingol. I am a student in MA
      TEFL program at Bilkent University in Ankara, Turkey.
      I have been a member of Webheads and trying to learn
      more about web-based instruction since February. I am
      working on my thesis, which focuses on web-based
      English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses and what
      can be learnt from the experiences of ELT
      professionals in designing and implementing them. The
      specific aims of the study are to determine the course
      designers� rationale for designing web-based EAP
      courses, the processes they have gone through when
      designing their web-based EAP courses, and the future
      directions they see for developing and implementing
      web-based EAP courses.

      I am looking for people who have designed web-based
      courses especially, but not solely, in EAP contexts
      and who would be interested and willing to participate
      in a study of issues related to designing and
      implementing web-based instruction. For anyone willing
      to participate, I will send out 4 brief questionnaires
      (no more than 10 questions in any one questionnaire)
      on background, design, implementation and future
      directions of WBI at intervals over the next two
      months. Participants would be free to respond, as they
      felt appropriate.

      If you would be interested in participating, please
      contact me at the following email address:
      azran@... for further details. You may also
      contact my adviser, Dr. Bill Snyder at
      wsnyder@... if you wish. Thank you in
      advance.