Reflections on Tere's presentation

  • Christopher Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2003
      Hi everyone,

      Daf, Michael, and I joined Tere online today while she was making a
      live presentation on Webheads to some colleagues in Portugal. We
      met in Wimba, and I was there few minutes before I had to leave.

      The sound in Wimba, true to live performances in front of audiences,
      started acting up in my case. It just would not work.

      Tere handled the situation in a very clever way that I think can set a
      precedent in the future. She asked me to type my answer while giving the

      floor to Daf and Michael. They were able to answer the question (their
      audio was working) while I got my answer out on the chat window. By
      then,
      my audio was back, and I was able to say a few words.

      This switching back and forth, along with instantly reverting to text,
      is
      a great way to hold the audience's attention while coping with the
      audio problems.

      As a follow-up suggestion. Small chunks of text (readable by someone in
      an audience
      over a projector) can be pre-prepared and put in a chat window by a
      remote
      presenter if the audio cuts out (or in and out).

      Thanks Tere, Daf, and Michael. It was really fun!

      Chris