Blog overview

  • Arlyn Freed
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2003
      Dear Alice,

      Thanks so much for the homepage information; I will
      update the database shortly. I'm still digging out
      from the work that accumulated during my time at the
      TESOL convention. (Though one school was on Spring
      Break, the other was not and I had to cancel two
      classes; I'm trying to make it up to my students by
      packing in an extra amount this week and next).

      Regarding Blogs, you may want to refer to Susanne,
      Dafne and Arif's WIA chat log from week 3 (2003), as
      that was the focus of the chat:

      Also, Damian has posted a list of his trouble-shooting
      actions for Blogspot to our Yahoo WiA "files" folder
      (direct link is:

      You may want to go to our WiA Yahoo "messages" page
      and type "Blogs" into the search window in the upper
      right corner. I have found this search engine to be
      fairly accurate; off-topic posts are usually caused
      when someone has responded to a post without adjusting
      the subject line to reflect the new topic.

      Lastly, I did a quick search of Vance's site (Charles
      Kelley taught me this Boolean code trick, type
      "site:www.vancestevens.com" into Google, and
      "blog";the colon tells Google to search only this web
      site). I found a link to an article in the TESL-EJ by
      Jim Duber that may be helpful:
      http://www-writing.berkeley.edu/tesl-ej/ej22/int.html

      I'm so glad you've crossed the 'boundary' from
      boundary member (lurker) to active Webhead! and look
      forward to hearing about your Blog progress (I'm not
      blogging yet).

      Thanks again for the homepage update!
      All the best,
      Arlyn

      Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 17:09:40 -0000
      From: "Alice" <chiushuchuan@...>
      Subject: my new website

      Arlyn, Vance and my dear other webheads,

      Congratulations on your success in the conference. I
      wish I had been
      there with you, either phyically or virtually.

      Arlyn, I forgot to tell you that I've reorganized my
      website. Here
      you go: http://vcm.csghs.tp.edu.tw/alicechiu/alice

      It's not complete yet but you can expect it to grow
      with my extensive
      knowlege learned from all the webhead.

      I tried to create a weblog on Blogger but it didn't
      really work. I
      remember that someone (Sorry, I forget who) made a
      request to Vance,
      asking him to teach us how to use weblog. I'm
      interested too. So,
      please keep me informed about this mini course.

      Cheers,

      Alice from Taipei

      =====
      http://www.eslhome.com

      "What's past is prologue."
      -- W. Shakespeare, The Tempest

      http://tax.yahoo.com
    • dafne Chavez
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2003
        Hi Alice,
        This is the url to the chatlog on blogs
        http://dygonza.esmartweb.com/evonline2003/week2/chat_on_blogs.htm
        And this is another good article: "Writing with Web Logs"
        http://www.techlearning.com/db_area/archives/TL/2003/02/blogs.html
        Cheers,
        Daf
        Arlyn Freed <aiteachesl@...> wrote:Dear Alice,