Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Cooloquium in April,1st

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2003
      Dear Sus,

      Another fabulous piece of humor! I am fast getting addicted to these
      post-colloquium reports from you that certainly reveal a very acute sense of
      observation and an even more acute sense of humor.

      Thanks a lot for some hearty laughs!

      Hugs, Teresa

      > Please see my final report here:
      > http://home19.inet.tele.dk/susnyrop/fool/april2003.html
      >

      > Hugs and happy April,
      >
      > Snus
    • dafne Chavez
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2003
        Dearest Sus,
        As I told you last night, your April's fool page made me laugh in such a loud way that I am sure my neighboars woke up because of my crazy fit of laughter.
        I really enjoy your great sense of humor.
        Superb job!! :-))))
        Daf
        Susanne Nyrop <s.nyrop@...> wrote:Dafne says: Bravo for Webheads!

        And let me add: so say I!

        Please see my final report here:
        http://home19.inet.tele.dk/susnyrop/fool/april2003.html

        Hugs and happy April,

        Snus

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      • Christopher Johnson
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
          Hi Webheads,

          There has been a lot of great reflection on the colloquium from
          everyone, and I enjoyed reading your
          good ideas (lessons learned). I thought I'd throw in a few, being an
          online audience member.

          First of all, I think it is a really great idea to project the chatting
          by the remote members during the presentation.
          I had never thought of that, but it really gives the audience a sense of
          how CMC and
          online collaboration takes place. Bravo!

          Also, I wholeheartedly agree with Chris (Jones) about rehearsing
          everything together
          online at least a week before. Great idea!

          I think the Wimba voice tool is very good. I am not sure if it is better
          than the tool used
          at GLD6 (I always forget the name). I was very impressed with that audio
          tool as well.
          However, changing Internet bandwidth (due to online traffic) and local
          problems are
          beyond Wimba's control. It is amazing that it works as well as it does.
          Unfortunately, it
          can fade in and out at inconvenient moments (viz. Tere's presentation).

          With combination remote and live presentations, here are my suggestions.
          Apologies for
          any redundancies or if these steps were already taken by the live
          presenters:
          1) We need to live with the fact that there may be fade-ins/outs at
          inconvenient times
          and accept decisions by the live presenters/coordinators to bump us off.
          As backup,
          have the presentation slides (plus written or even pre-recorded
          commentary) already published online with the URLs in the handout.
          2) Explain to the audience that this problem may happen (Internet
          traffic).
          3) Set up a discussion forum with the published presentation. Perhaps
          this can
          get some interaction going after the presentation.
          4) Check in at regular times to see if the audio is back on track. Allow
          a few words
          by the presenters that got bumped (e.g. an invitation to go to the
          published Web site
          and use the discussion forum for questions)
          4) For those who got bumped, recycle the presentation in another venue
          at
          another time.

          I think the main thing to remember is even with a lot of preparation and
          rehearsal
          that the live event is different and may have unexpected problems. Those
          who
          are ringside can see the audience's reaction and are in a position to
          make
          last minute changes.

          Chris
        • Michael Coghlan
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
            At 01:37 PM 2/04/2003 +0200, Chris wrote:
            >Hi Webheads,
            >
            >There has been a lot of great reflection on the colloquium from
            >everyone, and I enjoyed reading your
            >good ideas (lessons learned). I thought I'd throw in a few, being an
            >online audience member.
            >
            >First of all, I think it is a really great idea to project the chatting
            >by the remote members during the presentation.
            >I had never thought of that, but it really gives the audience a sense of
            >how CMC and
            >online collaboration takes place. Bravo!
            >
            >Also, I wholeheartedly agree with Chris (Jones) about rehearsing
            >everything together
            >online at least a week before. Great idea!
            >
            >I think the Wimba voice tool is very good. I am not sure if it is better
            >than the tool used
            >at GLD6 (I always forget the name).

            It's Chatterbox Chris!

            (no further comment!)