from a proud virtual choir singer to a luddite in the peanut gallery

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2003
      Nigel,

      At first I thought of throwing in my three cents on some of your comments
      and ideas, but then I slept on it (sleep is always a good counsellor!) and
      decided differently.

      I think it'll be enough just to express a couple of feelings I had when
      reading this message. Believe me, I am not personally offended, because I I
      don't get offended easily,
      especially when I'm a firm believer in something, which I am of what we are
      doing in this fabulous community. But I do feel you may have offended some
      people in our community!

      I think you went a little too far this time, namely in your next to last
      paragraph when you said "Did you get anything out of the session (apart from
      some new recipes!)?" I do think you 'belittled' honest hard work and genuine
      commitment on the part of several WiAs along six weeks, and longer for that
      matter (btw, there has been enthusiasm and appreciation for what is being
      done!);

      You show lack of consideration, appreciation and respect for the work of
      other colleagues who are giving their best to something they believe in, for
      me, a very powerful ingredient in our daily work and life.

      I believe there are things we can think but not say!

      Isn't it simple to have your say, even if it can be offensive, and then just
      excuse yourself at the last minute? You knew perfectly well that you could
      eventually be touching on sensitive areas to some Webheads or you wouldn't
      have said "As ever, no offence is meant - I know these issues are close to
      many hearts (and PhDs) and I don't wish to belittle your efforts".

      BTW, Nigel, my feelings are also genuine!

      From a proud virtual choir singer to a luddite in the peanut gallery!

      Teresa