Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Quality and assessment

  • dafne Chavez
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2003
      Thanks a lot Arnold for the links, I have been skimming the second one. And as soon as I read the first one, I will post some comments about it.
      I will post the links to the sharing references folder we will open to Maria's great suggestion, in the Links section of our Yahoo Group.
      Hugs,
      Daf
      a.muhren@... wrote:Hello Daf and everyone,

      Thank you very much for the two reading suggestions, Daf. I have got the
      links to the full texts for you (see below).

      >Meeting the assessment demands of networked courses
      >Janet Macdonald, The UK Open University in Scotland, Scotland; Martin
      >Weller, The UK Open University, Milton Keynes; Robin Mason, The UK Open
      >University, Milton Keynes

      One of the UKOU networked courses described in this article is H802. I
      actually did this course myself in 1999. It had a constructivist and
      collaborative approach. The article is interesting for those among us who
      are looking for types of assessment relevant to such an approach. I would
      gladly talk about this with any of you. Here's the link to the full text:
      www.aace.org/dl/files/IJEL/IJEL119.pdf

      >Collaborative Knowledge Building in Web-based Learning: Assessing the
      >Quality of Dialogue
      >Elsebeth Korsgaard Sorensen, Aalborg University, Denmark; Eugene Takle,
      >Iowa State University, USA

      I have not read this second article Daf has pointed out but I will now.
      Full text:
      www.iitap.iastate.edu/ksplitt/homepage/EDMEDIAfinal.html

      Hope this is useful.

      Cheers, Arnold