RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Lingt

  • Bauer-Ramazani, Christine
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 23, 2014

      Fernanda, Lingt looks like a great new tool that also does what Vance wants to do—see the tutorial. It would certainly work for my course as well, so I will get it set up and try it out. It’s a much newer, flash-based tool and allows for audio (voice-recording or MP3 upload), image, text, and/or YouTube insertion. Responses from students can be given text and/or audio feedback. Very nice--thank you, Fernanda!

      Christine

      Christine Bauer-Ramazani
      2009-10 Chair, CALL-IS of TESOL
      Instructor, Applied Linguistics Department

      Saint Michael's College                     phone: 802-654-2642
      One Winooski Park                           fax:      802-654-2595
      Colchester, VT 05439-0253

      web site: academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/
      online CALL course
      : academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/gsl520_online/demo/CALL_Online_demo.htm
      online Curriculum & Syllabus design course: http://academics.smcvt.edu/cbauer-ramazani/GSL606_Curric-Syllabus-Design/Curriculum_Course_Online_demo.htm

      Das Leben hinterlässt kleine Kratzer, aber es stört uns nicht beim Leuchten!”

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 23, 2014
        Hi Christine
        I never tried it myself, so if you try it with students, give us some feedback, please.

        Fernanda

        --
        Sent from my iPhone

        --

        Fernanda Rodrigues <m.f.d.rodrigues@...>

        Este email está livre de vírus e malware porque a proteção avast! Antivirus está ativa.

        --
        Fernanda Rodrigues <m.f.d.rodrigues@...>

        Este email está livre de vírus e malware porque a proteção avast! Antivirus está ativa.

      • Hala Fawzi

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 23, 2014
              I got this suggestion off-list

              I'm not posting this to the group, because I'm not sure if the software will work with the latest versions of the Mac and Windows OS.  However, it does exactly what you need, and it's free to try:  http://schiller.dartmouth.edu/dlrecorder/ .

              More for us to check out (thanks Sharon)

              Vance

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 26, 2014

                I love Voxopop but I fear that it has been legacy software for the last three years or so.  Eg The last blog entry on the site dates from 2011. This means that it is less and less compatible with modern devices. I have had enormous problems with it over the last two years and have used AudioBoo instead even though it is less of a dialogue tool. Lingt on the other hand looks great and I’m wondering why I haven’t heard of it before since it seems to have been in existence since 2009!

                 Anne Fox