How to publish e-books

  • Maria Irene Albers
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 22, 2014
      Dear all,
      I wish you're all doing great.

       I need some advice on how to publish the material I prepared for a tutorial, my dissertation's spinal cord. They're eight (8) Word documents, and I need to create e-books, after that, the users know how to open and read them; I've tried Calibre, but it's not working, I don't know which step I'm missing. I'll appreciate your help a lot, this is the final thing I have to do.

      Regards,

      María Irene Albers de Urriola
      Departamento de Idiomas Modernos
      Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
      Universidad de Carabobo
    • stella maris saubidet oyhamburu
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 22, 2014
        Hi Maria
        have you tried ISSUU available at  http://issuu.com/?? It's rerally simple. You turn the word doc into pdf and upload it.
        Is that what you need?

        Hope it helps

        stella
        (from Argentina)

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 22, 2014

            Hi Maria,

            You can read your publication on Issuu.com or wherever you embed the HTML  code; so you can read it on your own wiki or blog, or padlet, or wherever you placed it.

            Aiden

            Sent from my iPhone

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 22, 2014
              No reader needed, but you can embed the code provided (html) upload it to
              your blog, wiki, platform (moodle).

              stella[?]

              <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com>:

              > Hi Maria,
              >
              > You can read your publication on Issuu.com or wherever you embed the HTML
              > code; so you can read it on your own wiki or blog, or padlet, or wherever
              > you placed it.
              >
              > Aiden
              >
              > Sent from my iPhone
              >
              > On 2014/8/22, at 下午11:28, "Maria Irene Albers miaupju@...
              > [evonline2002_webheads]" <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
              >

              > Thanks Stella. I'll try it. One more question, after creating the book, do
              > I need a reader, or can I read it at issuu?
              > Greetings.
              >
              > María Irene Albers de Urriola
              > Departamento de Idiomas Modernos
              > Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
              > Universidad de Carabobo
              >

              > On Friday, August 22, 2014 5:43 PM, "stella maris saubidet oyhamburu
              > stellamso@... [evonline2002_webheads]" <
              > evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
              >

              > Hi Maria
              > have you tried ISSUU available at http://issuu.com/?? It's rerally
              > simple. You turn the word doc into pdf and upload it.
              > Is that what you need?
              >
              > Hope it helps
              >
              > stella
              > (from Argentina)

              > [evonline2002_webheads] <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com>:
              >

              > Dear all,
              > I wish you're all doing great.
              >
              > I need some advice on how to publish the material I prepared for a
              > tutorial, my dissertation's spinal cord. They're eight (8) Word documents,
              > and I need to create e-books, after that, the users know how to open and
              > read them; I've tried Calibre, but it's not working, I don't know which
              > step I'm missing. I'll appreciate your help a lot, this is the final thing
              > I have to do.
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > María Irene Albers de Urriola
              > Departamento de Idiomas Modernos
              > Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
              > Universidad de Carabobo

            • Maria Irene
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 22, 2014
                Thanks a lot!

                El 22/08/2014, a las 06:32 p.m., "stella maris saubidet oyhamburu stellamso@... [evonline2002_webheads]" <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> escribió:

                No reader needed, but you can embed the code provided (html) upload it to
                your blog, wiki, platform (moodle).

                stella[?]

                <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com>:

                > Hi Maria,
                >
                > You can read your publication on Issuu.com or wherever you embed the HTML
                > code; so you can read it on your own wiki or blog, or padlet, or wherever
                > you placed it.
                >
                > Aiden
                >
                > Sent from my iPhone
                >
                > On 2014/8/22, at 下午11:28, "Maria Irene Albers miaupju@...
                > [evonline2002_webheads]" <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                >

                > Thanks Stella. I'll try it. One more question, after creating the book, do
                > I need a reader, or can I read it at issuu?
                > Greetings.
                >
                > María Irene Albers de Urriola
                > Departamento de Idiomas Modernos
                > Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
                > Universidad de Carabobo
                >

                > On Friday, August 22, 2014 5:43 PM, "stella maris saubidet oyhamburu
                > stellamso@... [evonline2002_webheads]" <
                > evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                >

                > Hi Maria
                > have you tried ISSUU available at http://issuu.com/?? It's rerally
                > simple. You turn the word doc into pdf and upload it.
                > Is that what you need?
                >
                > Hope it helps
                >
                > stella
                > (from Argentina)

                > [evonline2002_webheads] <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com>:
                >

                > Dear all,
                > I wish you're all doing great.
                >
                > I need some advice on how to publish the material I prepared for a
                > tutorial, my dissertation's spinal cord. They're eight (8) Word documents,
                > and I need to create e-books, after that, the users know how to open and
                > read them; I've tried Calibre, but it's not working, I don't know which
                > step I'm missing. I'll appreciate your help a lot, this is the final thing
                > I have to do.
                >
                > Regards,
                >
                > María Irene Albers de Urriola
                > Departamento de Idiomas Modernos
                > Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
                > Universidad de Carabobo

              • Maria Irene

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 23, 2014
                    Hi Maria Irene,

                    I like Issue as well and my students do too. Materials uploaded there appeal to young people.

                    You might also like to explore the work of this recent EVO session

                    Crafting the e-Perfect Textbook

                    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/108458862109297898812

                    http://ebookevo.pbworks.com/w/page/70262228/Welcome

                    It covers Issue  and other possibilities,

                    Vance