Fwd: deviant art disappearing from worksheet

  • Mary Z
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 21, 2014
      Hi all,

      I joined Deviant Art recently to find clip art and backgrounds for making
      ESL worksheets.

      I downloaded some backgrounds (rooms of a house) and pasted them into a
      Word doc. but they disappeared after a few seconds.

      I was not linking to the site. I saved the pictures on my harddrive.

      I retried working with the document and got an error message that I don't
      have enough memory. Does anyone know how I can boost my memory enough to
      work with the images?

      I am using a Dell Inspiron 14R laptop, which is a year old.

      Thank you in advance,
      Mary

      --

      1. Did I feast at the Lords Table,?

      2. Exercise,?
      3. Eat deliberately?

      Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the
      glory of God. — 1 Corinthians 10:31
      <http://biblia.com/bible/esv/1%20Corinthians%2010.31>

      À Á Â Ã Ç É Ê Í Ó Ô Õ Ú Ü à á â ã ç é ê

      í ó ô õ ú ü ? /

    • Fernanda Rodrigues
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 22, 2014
        Hi Mary
        Have you tried resizing the images before inserting them in your word doc? They are probably too large.
        I hope this helps.

        Greetings

        Fernanda

        On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 02:22:42 -0400
        "Mary Z lightsteps@... [evonline2002_webheads]" <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Hi all,

        I joined Deviant Art recently to find clip art and backgrounds for making
        ESL worksheets.

        I downloaded some backgrounds (rooms of a house) and pasted them into a
        Word doc. but they disappeared after a few seconds.

        I was not linking to the site. I saved the pictures on my harddrive.

        I retried working with the document and got an error message that I don't
        have enough memory. Does anyone know how I can boost my memory enough to
        work with the images?

        I am using a Dell Inspiron 14R laptop, which is a year old.

        Thank you in advance,
        Mary

        Fernanda Rodrigues <m.f.d.rodrigues@...>

        Este email está livre de vírus e malware porque a proteção avast! Antivirus está ativa.

      • Mary Z

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 22, 2014
              You cannot copy and paste into Word. You must save your images on your computer and then insert them through the insert button in Word (or Powerpoint...whatever) or else they will, as you noticed, disappear.
              B.

              On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 1:07 PM, Vance Stevens vancestev@... [evonline2002_webheads] <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

              http://barbaradieu.com
              http://beespace.net
            • Mary Z
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 22, 2014
                Thank you Vance.

                On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Vance Stevens vancestev@... [evonline2002_webheads] <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

                À  Á    à Ç  É  Ê  Í  Ó  Ô  Õ  Ú  Ü  à  á  â  ã  ç  é  ê

                í  ó  ô  õ  ú  ü ? /

              • Mary Z

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 25, 2014
                    Third time lucky  (I hope)
                    I keep loosing my message (and I do hope it doesn't appear three times LOL)
                    THANKS for IrfanView Vance, it looks great (after checking out a video tutorial that is, since it's not exactly intuitive)
                    I have the ms Power Toy resizer on my XP machine - which gives a one-click resize (limited choice of course, but sooooo convenient) - I checked out if the same thing exists for newer versions of windows - seems it does.

                    I send my students to Web Resizer - Crop & Resize Images Free Online - Optimize images for websites and email

                    Sorry - YG inserted the preview as soon as I added the URL, and I don't see how to get rid of it

                    Barbara - y'know you actually can paste an image straight into a Word doc now, it was so necessary they've added the possibility :-)
                    Amitiés to all
                    ElizA

                  • Mary Z
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 25, 2014
                      Thank you, ElizA

                      On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 2:14 PM, eannegrenoble@... [evonline2002_webheads] <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                      Third time lucky  (I hope)
                      I keep loosing my message (and I do hope it doesn't appear three times LOL)
                      THANKS for IrfanView Vance, it looks great (after checking out a video tutorial that is, since it's not exactly intuitive)
                      I have the ms Power Toy resizer on my XP machine - which gives a one-click resize (limited choice of course, but sooooo convenient) - I checked out if the same thing exists for newer versions of windows - seems it does.

                      I send my students to Web Resizer - Crop & Resize Images Free Online - Optimize images for websites and email

                      Web Resizer - Crop & Resize Images Free Online - Optimi...
                      Free online tool to optimize images for websites and email. Crop, resize, add a border and sharpen your photos easily.
                      Preview by Yahoo

                      Posted by: eannegrenoble@...