TESOL Conference March 25 to 29

  • John Hibbs
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 23, 2014
      To All: It seems the gods are against me; I'm never busy until I am
      really, really busy...so will probably not get to see any of you
      while you are just up the road -- 150 kms. 90 minutes by car, 120
      minutes on a nice train.

      Have a great time. Enjoy Oregon. It's just getting pretty. I may be
      able to break away on Tuesday for the day....most likely I would take
      the train up in the a.m. and come home on the last one that night.

      Encouragement? Give me a shout. I don't teach ESL; heck, I don't
      teach at all.

      But I love hanging around with Webheads...easily the most fascinating
      group -- and the most undervalued - on the whole entire planet.

      Enjoy the Conference.

      John Hibbs
      541 343 9389
      cell 541 513 2395
      Eugene, Oregon, USA
    • carla arena
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 23, 2014
        Dear jOhn, please, please, make an effort to come! It is not every time we have such a Webhead crowd in your state! I still remember our wonderful gatherings in Seattle.

        So do the impossible and join us!

        Carla. Totally enjoying Portland!

        On Sunday, March 23, 2014, John Hibbs <skipper@...> wrote:

        To All: It seems the gods are against me; I'm never busy until I am
        really, really busy...so will probably not get to see any of you
        while you are just up the road -- 150 kms. 90 minutes by car, 120
        minutes on a nice train.

        Have a great time. Enjoy Oregon. It's just getting pretty. I may be
        able to break away on Tuesday for the day....most likely I would take
        the train up in the a.m. and come home on the last one that night.

        Encouragement? Give me a shout. I don't teach ESL; heck, I don't
        teach at all.

        But I love hanging around with Webheads...easily the most fascinating
        group -- and the most undervalued - on the whole entire planet.

        Enjoy the Conference.

        John Hibbs
        541 343 9389
        cell 541 513 2395
        Eugene, Oregon, USA

      • Jane Petring
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 24, 2014
          Yes John, make every effort! I read yesterday that when the Dalai Lama is really busy he meditates for an hour and when he is really really crazy busy he meditates for two hours. Hmmmm....we`ll need some local lore to navigate through Portland showers. Hope to see you there!
          Jane
        • nina_liakos
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 24, 2014
            John,
            I remember meeting you in Seattle and really hope you can find a way to come see us in Portland!

            Nina
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 25, 2014
              Hi John,
              and for any other webheads in Portland

              Carla started a blog for us and
              I filled in some 'available' and 'can't make it' options at

              Visit there and indicate your availability if you wish,

              Incidentally I was successfully txt/ing Elizabeth HS from my mobile in UAE but on arrival here in USA I realize I need to purchase a data plan before my mobile will work here.  UAE has partners in many countries in the world, for example my phone will automatically connect with a local provider in Australia, southeast asia, and Europe, and I can use it there for txting.  But not in the USA :-(

              Vance

              On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 3:25 AM, <nina.liakos@...> wrote:

              John,

              I remember meeting you in Seattle and really hope you can find a way to come see us in Portland!

              Nina

            • Dennis Oliver
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 16, 2014
                Please remove Dennis’ address. He has passes away.
                Sue Oliver
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 16, 2014
                  RIP, dear Dennis.

                  Dear Sue,

                  Please accept my heartfelt condolences.

                  Dennis was a true Friend, who collaborated with many of us and our students along the years. I'll never forget him.

                  And he will never be forgotten by the Webhead community worldwide.

                  Teresa (in Portugal)

                  --
                  Sent from my iPhone