Graham Stanley's book

  • Dr Elizabeth Hanson-Smith
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 13, 2014
      Just read a nice review of Graham's book: Language Learning with Technology: Ideas for Integrating Technology in the Classroom (2013), Cambridge Univ Press, in LLT
      http://llt.msu.edu/issues/february2014/review2.pdf

      Great job, Graham -- looks to be very useful.

      Cheers--
      --Elizabeth
    • John Hibbs
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 13, 2014
        Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Graham Stanley's book
        At 6:09 PM -0700 3/13/14, Dr Elizabeth Hanson-Smith wrote:
        Just read a nice review of Graham's book: Language Learning with Technology: Ideas for Integrating Technology in the Classroom (2013), Cambridge Univ Press, in LLT
        http://llt.msu.edu/issues/february2014/review2.pdf

        Thank you Elizabeth!

        I am pretty sure that there are many Webheads who fall into the classification that we ordinary human beings would easily call "genius".

        Most certainly, Graham Stanley is one such a a genius!

        Graham:
        Our hats are ALL off to you for the book...
        I've only read the review, all three pages of it on my Reader; but Î know this for absolute sure:  It is well grounded by the hard lessons that are learned inside the classroom, melded with amazing technology  ---  (that way too many of your "Bosses" resist.) And bathtubs of intellectual sweat. These things just don't come easy!

        My personal thoughts:  It takes great courage to put your ideas into such writings; it takes even more perseverance to get those writings published; and it will take even more to push for their adoption.

        Thank the Good Lord for guys like you. Thank the Good Lord for the Webheads just as well.

        Webheads: Please join me in this salute to Graham and his tremendous book, (Language Learning with Technology.)

        Final thoughts:

        If there ever is an addendum that can add the to the imperative of what Grayham articulates, it is to promote the hard fact that "inside classrooms where English is taught as a Second Language" that inside those classrooms are those who will lead the 21st Century.

        So - I guess -- this not (just) a "salute" to Graham Stanley
        It's also my high, high regard that I hold for all of you.

        John Hibbs
        http://oregonhibbs.com

        Don't miss Language Learning & Technology http://llt.msu.edu/issues/february2014/review2.pdf
        Feb 2014

        Great job, Graham -- looks to be very useful.

        Cheers--
        --Elizabeth

      • Nina Liakos
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 14, 2014
          Graham,
          Adding my congratulations to those of others on the publication of this new book!
          Best from MD/USA
          Nina
        • Graham Stanley
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 14, 2014
            Thank you Elizabeth and John (blush!),

            Just found out today, that the book has been short-listed for a British Council ELT Innovation award (ELTon), which is very nice to hear.

            Best,

            Graham

            --
            Graham Stanley
            blogefl@...
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 14, 2014
              This looks great and I am going to order! :)

              On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 8:16 AM, Graham Stanley <blogefl@...> wrote:

[...]

              Colleen Maher, MS Ed.
              ELL Teacher, HES
              phone:  (914) 769-8536
              fax: (914) 769-8527

              NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential and proprietary information of the Mount Pleasant Central Schools and may be legally privileged. This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the addressee, dissemination, copying or other use of this e-mail or any of its content is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender immediately and destroy the e-mail and any copies. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender. No contract may be construed by this e-mail.
            • Barbara Dieu
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 14, 2014
                >Just found out today, that the book has been short-listed for a British Council ELT Innovation award (ELTon), which is very nice to hear.
                Yay! Congrats Graham...both for the book and the mention in the short list. You most certainly deserve an award for all the hard work and enthusiasm with which you have been conducting your career.
                B.

                On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Colleen Maher <cmaher@...> wrote:

[...]

                http://barbaradieu.com
                http://beespace.net
              • Graham Stanley
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 14, 2014
                  Thanks, Nina and Bee

                  btw Bee, you are mentioned in the book as inspiring the mystery guest activity for blogging - remember that?

                  Best,

                  Graham

                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 14, 2014
                    Congrats Graeme, would download the audible version immediately if available, would go for an eBook next, but maybe can get a touchy feely copy in Portland.

                    Cheers,
                    Vance

                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 16, 2014
                      Dear Graham,

                      Joining the Webheads Family in sending you "warmhearted congratulations" on such an achievement. I'm sure it's a very clear book, full of wise information (coming from you) and, as far as I've read, one in which pedagogy is "queen". Way to go! :-)

                      I'm sure it'll be a hit.  :-)

                      Wishing you all the best.

                      Hugs to you and Isabel, who must be very proud,

                      Teresa

                    • cioccas@ymail.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 17, 2014
                        Congratulations Graham!
                        I've ordered my copy and I believe it is winging it's way to Australia as I type. :-)
                        Cheers
                        Lesley

                        Lesley Cioccarelli
                        cioccas.blogspot.com.au

                      • Graham Stanley

                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 17, 2014
                            Graham,

                            Any e-book version on the horizon?! I'd really prefer it to print, in this case, but will definitely order a paper copy if e-book won't be a future option.

                            Hugs,   Teresa

                            On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Graham Stanley <blogefl@...> wrote:

                            Thanks, Vance, Teresa

                            Thanks, Lesley! Hope you enjoy the book.

                            Best,

                            Graham

                            On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 9:11 AM, <cioccas@...> wrote:

                            Congratulations Graham!
                            I've ordered my copy and I believe it is winging it's way to Australia as I type. :-)
                            Cheers
                            Lesley

                            Lesley Cioccarelli
                            cioccas.blogspot.com.au

                          • Derya Kulavuz-Onal
                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 17, 2014
                              Congratulations Graham! I am also using your book for a CALL class that I am teaching this semester. I thought students would get a lot of great ideas and improve their Tech repertoire for English language teaching. It definitely deserves the shortlisting!

                              Best,
                              Derya
                              ---
                              Derya Kulavuz-Onal, Ph.D.