Learning2gether about iPads, Hangouts, and Poetry

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13, 2014
      Hi everyone.  For the past two Sundays we have been Learning2gether about rolling out iPads. Our last chat with downloadable mp3 and YouTube recording, plus show notes giving links to apps and resources discussed is posted at http://learning2gether.net/2014/03/09/vance-stevens-hosts-another-session-on-ipads-in-language-learning/

      This Sunday Aiden Yeh plans to join us at 1400 GMT in Bb Collaborate (Elluminate) at http://learningtimesevents.org/webheads/ to talk about her work with poetry with her students in Taiwan.  More information as it comes available at http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#Nextupcomingevents

      Tomorrow Friday March 14 at 1000 GMT I am planning to do something rather interesting. I am giving a workshop in Dubai about streaming Google Hangouts and I intend to set up the whole hangout live at the conference at the start of the session at 10:00 GMT. I plan to set it all up in the first 15 minutes of the session and stream it on YouTube at the Learning2gether URL

      You are welcome and especially invited to join us in the Hangout. We should be in HoA by 10:15 GMT but if you want to BE in the hangout you might want come early and grab your place as soon as the Hangout URL is announced at

      That's where all the information will be. Hope to see you at one or both of these events.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 15, 2014
        Hi, just a reminder about the poetry part of this message, from

        Sun Mar 16 1400 GMT Aiden Yeh - Teaching the Art of Poetic Discourse

        Does the picture appear for you below? (copy / pasted)

        Aiden says, "I’ll be talking a little bit about the presentation on poetic discourse that I presented in a conference in Shanghai last October. I will share a few effective teaching approaches in teaching English-major students, the basics of writing modern poetry in a fun and meaningful way. I’ll show a few examples of students’ poems (and mine, too) produced as part of the creative writing workshop.

        Where? in Blackboard Collaborate (Elluminate)

        http://learningtimesevents.org/webheads/

        Thanks to an ongoing grant from http://www.learningtimes.com/

        When? 1400 GMT

        Time where you are:

        http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Learning2gether+with+Aiden+Yeh+-+Teaching+the+Art+of+Poetic+Discourse&iso=20140316T14&ah=1

         Announcements

        And regarding the F2F and online Hangout event, where I pulled a rabbit from a hat in front of a live audience and recorded the feat on YouTube, it's here if you want to watch it

        I surprised no one more than myself. I've proposed something similar for a conference in India in October, so it was good to get the practice. Next time I train the iPad on the audience (slap forehead!)

        Vance

        On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 10:01 PM, Vance Stevens <vancestev@...> wrote:
[...]

      • Aiden Yeh