podcasting

  • aidenyeh
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 11, 2013
      Hi everyone,

      I'm planning to do a newscasting project this Monday for my Mass Media class. In the past, I've been using podomatic. however, last year, I've encountered a few glitches with their system which made class management a bit chaotic.

      Are there free podcasting tools out there that I can use? Easy sign up, easy recording, easy playback and feedback (comments).

      Thanks for the help.

      Aiden

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 11, 2013
        I podcast from wordpress using feedburner.  You can embed a widgit in your blog such as the one atop http://learning2gether.net/about/

        I'm really busy at the moment with RSCON4 (still putting my slides together for Sunday) and just got dropped in on by a family from Doha including a little granddaughter.  Plus there the TESOL / IATEFL event Saturday.

        Jeff Lebow is streaming now from KOTESOL
        RSCON4 is back in action at 11 gmt
        and the TESOL / IATEFL thing gets under way at 1400 GMT

        be careful, they give UK time on their schedule. That is NOT gmt.

        Maybe see you there,

        Vance

        On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 8:44 AM, <aidenyeh@...> wrote:

        Hi everyone,

        I'm planning to do a newscasting project this Monday for my Mass Media class. In the past, I've been using podomatic. however, last year, I've encountered a few glitches with their system which made class management a bit chaotic.

        Are there free podcasting tools out there that I can use? Easy sign up, easy recording, easy playback and feedback (comments).

        Thanks for the help.

        Aiden

      • Carla arena

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 12, 2013
            iPadio is another possibility Aiden. Also allows you to create audio via phone. Really basic example at http://www.ipadio.com/channels/MichaelCoghlan .

            - Michael

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 12, 2013
              Aiden,

              Grooveshark is similar to Soundcloud.

              Good luck with your project!

              Mercedes

              Sent from Samsung Mobile

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 12, 2013
                Thank you all. These are all new tools for me. I'll see if I can pick one that'll suit my Ss needs.

                Hugs

                Aiden

                Sent from my iPad

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 12, 2013
                  Try ipadio.

                  It doesn't talk about podcasts, but easy sign up, easy recording, android and iPhone apps. I haven't used comments on ipadio, as they would be too public. I embed the ipadio somewhere private like Edmodo and give feedback there.

                  Chris