Citing Apps

  • Michael Coghlan
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 24, 2013
      Hi folks,

      Anyone know how to cite/reference a screen from an app on a smartphone?

      - Michael
    • Peggy George
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 24, 2013
        Hi Michael,
        I'm not sure what your screenshot is but assume it is a screenshot of something within an app on your smartphone. Here are two possible pages that may help.

        Citing Sources: Website Screenshots

        There is also a tab on that site for Citing Sources Multi-media with a sub-tab for Citing Sources: Images.

        This page was interesting too.

        What do I need to know about using and citing screenshots?

        Whether or not you can use a screenshot and whether you require permission to do so depends on several factors

        Hope that helps.

        Peggy George

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 24, 2013
          Hi Michael!

          I just googled "citing apps" and came up with this article that may be useful. I clicked the "Easy Bib" link (right before the example) and it seems to help you with your citation.

          And here are some "citation apps".

          Hope this helps.

          Hugs,   Teresa

          On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Michael Coghlan <michaelc@...> wrote:

          Hi folks,

          Anyone know how to cite/reference a screen from an app on a smartphone?

          - Michael

          _
        • Michael Coghlan
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 24, 2013
            Peggy and Teresa - thanks for this info. Have forwarded to the colleague who was inquiring.