Learning2gether for Sunday Sept 22, 1300 GMT - EVO and L2G in the wider context

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2013
      Hi again.

      I didn't get any takers on my suggested review of the STEMx conference just ended, and meanwhile I have realized that today is the deadline for EVO proposal submissions.  Actually if you are intending to submit a proposal but need a little more time, EVO coordinators are flexible, but acceptance notices are due to go out first week in October, so you do need to get your proposal in ASAP.

      Given that we are at the time when proposals are due, but there is still time, I thought that this would be an appropriate topic for discussion today at L2G.  In particular I would like to contextualize this discussion in light of the recent proliferation of offerings such as STEMx and the upcoming RSCON4 conference Oct 11-13, smack in the middle of which, Oct 12, TESOL and IATEFL LTSIG are hosting a one-day conference with half a dozen presenters including recipients of this email Elizabeth Hanson-Smith, Gavin Dudeney, and Nicky Hockly.

      I'm giving a talk at RSCON on Oct 13 on what I would like to discuss today, which is how all of these opportunities not only expand our networks and thus leverage our learning, but inform our teaching practices and thus impact the learners we encounter.

      EVO is a prime player in this movement. I hope you can join me in discussing how EVO fits in with the mix, and in helping to raise awareness of EVO and all these laudable learning endeavors.