Re: [evonline2002_webheads] Technology proficiency, perception, and self-efficacy survey

  • Cintia Costa
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 27, 2013
      Hi Fatemeh,

      I have completed the survey too.

      Cheers,
      Cintia :-)

      ________________________________
      From: fatemah nami <fana22irana@...>
      To: "evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com" <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 6:49 PM
      Subject: [evonline2002_webheads] Technology proficiency, perception, and self-efficacy survey

      Dear Webheads,

      I became a Webhead about five years ago when I was a TEFL major masters student. Following the discussions in this group (more as a lurker ;)) made me interested in technology-enhanced language learning and teaching. During this period, I have learned a lot from you. Thank you Webheads. Now I am a Ph.D student and I am about to start my research project on CALL teacher education. I have designed and developed a survey to measure EFL teachers' technology-related knowledge and skills, their perceived usefulness of technology, and their self-efficacy. As scholars in this field, I believe you can provide me with insightful comments. Hence, I would be glad if you kindly spare a few minutes and complete the survey. I really appreciate your kindness in advance.

      Here is the survey link: http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/88336BEKPO

      Best Regards,
      Fatemeh Nami,
      Alzahra University

    • Carla arena
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 28, 2013
        Dear Patricia,

        Long time, no see! So glad to see you around!

        Cintia mentioned http://mthatlearning.blogspot.com , which is from a friend
        of mine.

        You can also take a look in the bookmarks I�ve been collecting on the topic
        in Diigo and Pinterest. They have some very interesting resources.

        https://www.diigo.com/user/carlaarena/mlearning
        http://pinterest.com/carlaarena/mlearning/

        I hope it helps!

        Beijos,
        Carla Arena
        http://carlaarena.com

        On Tuesday, August 27, 2013, Patricia Glogowski wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Dear All,
        >
        > I am looking for blogs on mobile language learning. Any recommendations?
        > Thank you.
        >
        > Patricia

      • Patricia Glogowski
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 28, 2013
          Great! Thank you, ladies :)

          Patricia

          Sent from my iPhone

          On 2013-08-28, at 7:01 AM, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

          > Dear Patricia,
          >
          > Long time, no see! So glad to see you around!
          >
          > Cintia mentioned http://mthatlearning.blogspot.com , which is from a friend
          > of mine.
          >
          > You can also take a look in the bookmarks I´ve been collecting on the topic
          > in Diigo and Pinterest. They have some very interesting resources.
          >
          > https://www.diigo.com/user/carlaarena/mlearning
          > http://pinterest.com/carlaarena/mlearning/
          >
          > I hope it helps!
          >
          > Beijos,
          > Carla Arena
          > http://carlaarena.com
          >
          > On Tuesday, August 27, 2013, Patricia Glogowski wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> Dear All,
          >>
          >> I am looking for blogs on mobile language learning. Any recommendations?
          >> Thank you.
          >>
          >> Patricia

        • fatemah nami
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 28, 2013
            Dear Helen, Vance, Teresa,
            Christine, and Cintia,

            Once again I should extend my deepest thanks to you for your participation in the survey and the constructive comments you provided. I have
            Been working on this survey for about 6 months and the main purpose of asking
            You people have a look at it was obtained feedback from a group of professionals. I have developed a taxonomy regarding the technology-related knowledge
            and the skills required for effective computer-assisted language learning as a part of my dissertation research project. These include: basic technology, technology-related pedagogical, technology-related classroom management, ethics of technology, and technology affordance knowledge and skills. The survey aims to explore respondents’ knowledge on these five areas. The demographic information in the first section of the survey will also be used to make comparisons regarding the relationship between age and prior teaching and/or learning experiences with each of the variables.

            I am going to use your responses in order to further refine the questions. You’re right. A number of questions seem redundant. I will do an exploratory factor analysis to eliminate such questions. I will report the results as soon as the work is done.
            Warmly,
            Fatemeh Nami

          • mbarek akaddar