Technology proficiency, perception, and self-efficacy survey

  • fatemah nami
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 25, 2013
      Dear Webheads,

      I became a Webhead about five years ago when I was a TEFL major masters student. Following the discussions in this group (more as a lurker ;)) made me interested in technology-enhanced language learning and teaching. During this period, I have learned a lot from you. Thank you Webheads. Now I am a Ph.D student and I am about to start my research project on CALL teacher education. I have designed and developed a survey to measure EFL teachers' technology-related knowledge and skills, their perceived usefulness of technology, and their self-efficacy. As scholars in this field, I believe you can provide me with insightful comments. Hence, I would be glad if you kindly spare a few minutes and complete the survey. I really appreciate your kindness in advance.

      Here is the survey link: http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/88336BEKPO

      Best Regards,
      Fatemeh Nami,
      Alzahra University

    • Susana Canelo
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 25, 2013
        Done!
        Page 15 , last column hasn't got any heading.

        Best regards
        Susana from Argentina

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 25, 2013
          Hello Fatemeh Nami,

          ~ done!
          Interesting survey...
          As I clicked off my answers I found myself 'guessing' what your results
          might show...

          Hope you'll share with us at a later date.

          *I did see three typos [conducive (twice)] and I forget the other one!

          Best wishes,
          Holly

          On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 5:49 PM, fatemah nami <fana22irana@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Dear Webheads,
          >
          > I became a Webhead about five years ago when I was a TEFL major masters
          > student. Following the discussions in this group (more as a lurker ;)) made
          > me interested in technology-enhanced language learning and teaching. During
          > this period, I have learned a lot from you. Thank you Webheads. Now I am a
          > Ph.D student and I am about to start my research project on CALL teacher
          > education. I have designed and developed a survey to measure EFL teachers'
          > technology-related knowledge and skills, their perceived usefulness of
          > technology, and their self-efficacy. As scholars in this field, I believe
          > you can provide me with insightful comments. Hence, I would be glad if you
          > kindly spare a few minutes and complete the survey. I really
          > appreciate your kindness in advance.
          >
          > Here is the survey link: http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/88336BEKPO
          >
          > Best Regards,
          > Fatemeh Nami,
          > Alzahra University

          *"Try. Trust. Treasure."*
          *Holly* (Dilatush)
          Founder, Community Manager, Lead Facilitator for
          http://LEWWWP.com<http://englishworldwide.ning.com>
          *Have you liked our Facebook
          page<http://www.facebook.com/learnenglishwithaworldwideperspective>,
          joined our LEWWWP Community on
          Google+<https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/118300175745164100868?hl=en>
          ? ** *
          *Skype*: Smilin7 *Twitter*: hollydilatush *LinkedIn*: Holly Dilatush

        • zahra arab sarhangi

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 26, 2013
              Hello Fatemah
              done the survey - good luck with your research and I hope you'll share the
              results with us !
              best regards
              Helen Davies
              (France)

              On 25 August 2013 23:49, fatemah nami <fana22irana@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Dear Webheads,
              >
              > I became a Webhead about five years ago when I was a TEFL major masters
              > student. Following the discussions in this group (more as a lurker ;)) made
              > me interested in technology-enhanced language learning and teaching. During
              > this period, I have learned a lot from you. Thank you Webheads. Now I am a
              > Ph.D student and I am about to start my research project on CALL teacher
              > education. I have designed and developed a survey to measure EFL teachers'
              > technology-related knowledge and skills, their perceived usefulness of
              > technology, and their self-efficacy. As scholars in this field, I believe
              > you can provide me with insightful comments. Hence, I would be glad if you
              > kindly spare a few minutes and complete the survey. I really
              > appreciate your kindness in advance.
              >
              > Here is the survey link: http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/88336BEKPO
              >
              > Best Regards,
              > Fatemeh Nami,
              > Alzahra University

            • fatemah nami
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 26, 2013
                Dear Webheads,

                Thank you so much for your comments. I deleted the last column, thanks a lot Susana :-) Yes dear Holly, I will share the results for sure. I am deeply grateful.

                Warmly,
                Fatemeh

                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 26, 2013
                  Hi, I answered your survey as well. I found that it had interesting
                  questions getting at a spectrum of common notions about CALL and IT. I
                  found that my opinions tended toward strong agreement and disagreement. As
                  a long-time resident of the UAE and one familiar with the context both here
                  and in Egypt, I think some who answer this survey might be equally
                  polarized but opposite to me. It would be interesting to get at the
                  demographics of the survey takers more accurately. Your question
                  addressing this asks respondents to specify "country". I put UAE. But I
                  am an American living in the UAE. I suggest if you are piloting this and
                  plan to improve it that you ask two questions, your nationality, and
                  country you work in. Then you would be able to distinguish better the
                  international audience you are reaching through this forum from the local
                  context, which would make it a more valuable instrument.

                  I also think, as long as I am suggesting, that you have many redundant
                  questions (many questions addressing essentially the same attitude) and
                  again if you are piloting at this point, you might do an analysis to see
                  which are giving you identical results, and collapse those into fewer
                  questions. This will encourage more people to complete the survey, as it
                  is a bit long (not that long, but could be shorter).

                  A final point, in our weekly webheads event, http://learning2gether.net, we
                  are at a point we commonly face at this time of year, where we have no
                  presentations lined up. This is because I have just returned from summer
                  break and haven't worked to line up presentations for the past month, and
                  also because I have still not recovered from a major move in which my
                  household has been disorganized into boxes filling several rooms randomly
                  at the moment.

                  So, when people in our community are doing interesting work like this,
                  please keep in mind that there are many interested in your work.
                  Learning2gether is unique among weekly discussion series in that we don't
                  try and line up the biggest names and most highly credentialed speakers,
                  but we try to give opportunities to common teachers who are doing creative
                  work to share with the group. Many have expressed nervousness at the
                  prospect but invariably (100%) come away from the experience with positive
                  feelings and enhanced confidence. We help one another to not only share
                  our creativity but to present it as well.

                  This coming Sunday or Monday we have nothing lined up at the moment. I am
                  trying to rectify that (nothing focuses like a good deadline :-) There
                  will be a session of some kind, and at this moment YOU could give it or
                  help facilitate a discussion on a topic that interests you.

                  Any volunteers or anyone with suggestions for a topic this week please
                  respond,

                  Vance

                  On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 1:08 AM, fatemah nami <fana22irana@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > Dear Webheads,
                  >
                  > Thank you so much for your comments. I deleted the last column, thanks a
                  > lot Susana :-) Yes dear Holly, I will share the results for sure. I am
                  > deeply grateful.
                  >
                  > Warmly,
                  > Fatemeh

                  Vance Stevens
                  http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
                  http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 27, 2013
                    Hi Fatemah!

                    Done. :-)

                    I'm not teaching any longer, but I answered the part about technologies and
                    teaching thinking back four years. However, it always seems a bit fake,
                    because I'm not in the classroom. But I couldn't continue the survey
                    without answering those questions.

                    I liked the survey.

                    Best wishes, Teresa (in Lisbon, Portugal)

                    On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 10:49 PM, fatemah nami <fana22irana@...>wrote:

                    > **
                    >

                    > Dear Webheads,
                    >
                    > I became a Webhead about five years ago when I was a TEFL major masters
                    > student. Following the discussions in this group (more as a lurker ;)) made
                    > me interested in technology-enhanced language learning and teaching. During
                    > this period, I have learned a lot from you. Thank you Webheads. Now I am a
                    > Ph.D student and I am about to start my research project on CALL teacher
                    > education. I have designed and developed a survey to measure EFL teachers'
                    > technology-related knowledge and skills, their perceived usefulness of
                    > technology, and their self-efficacy. As scholars in this field, I believe
                    > you can provide me with insightful comments. Hence, I would be glad if you
                    > kindly spare a few minutes and complete the survey. I really
                    > appreciate your kindness in advance.
                    >
                    > Here is the survey link: http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/88336BEKPO
                    >
                    > Best Regards,
                    > Fatemeh Nami,
                    > Alzahra University

                  • Patricia Glogowski
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 27, 2013
                      Dear All,

                      I am looking for blogs on mobile language learning. Any recommendations? Thank you.

                      Patricia

                    • Cintia Costa
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 27, 2013
                        Dear Patricia,

                        I think Carla Arena shared this blog about Mobile Learning once: http://mthatlearning.blogspot.com.br/

                        I hope you like it!

                        Cheers,
                        Cintia :-)

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 27, 2013
                          Hi Fatemeh,

                          I have completed the survey too.

                          Cheers,
                          Cintia :-)

                          ________________________________

                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 28, 2013
                            Dear Patricia,

                            Long time, no see! So glad to see you around!

                            Cintia mentioned http://mthatlearning.blogspot.com , which is from a friend
                            of mine.

                            You can also take a look in the bookmarks I�ve been collecting on the topic
                            in Diigo and Pinterest. They have some very interesting resources.

                            https://www.diigo.com/user/carlaarena/mlearning
                            http://pinterest.com/carlaarena/mlearning/

                            I hope it helps!

                            Beijos,
                            Carla Arena
                            http://carlaarena.com

                            On Tuesday, August 27, 2013, Patricia Glogowski wrote:

                            > **
                            >

                            > Dear All,
                            >
                            > I am looking for blogs on mobile language learning. Any recommendations?
                            > Thank you.
                            >
                            > Patricia

                          • Patricia Glogowski
                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 28, 2013
                              Great! Thank you, ladies :)

                              Patricia

                              Sent from my iPhone

                              On 2013-08-28, at 7:01 AM, Carla arena <carlaarena@...> wrote:

                              > Dear Patricia,
                              >
                              > Long time, no see! So glad to see you around!
                              >
                              > Cintia mentioned http://mthatlearning.blogspot.com , which is from a friend
                              > of mine.
                              >
                              > You can also take a look in the bookmarks I´ve been collecting on the topic
                              > in Diigo and Pinterest. They have some very interesting resources.
                              >
                              > https://www.diigo.com/user/carlaarena/mlearning
                              > http://pinterest.com/carlaarena/mlearning/
                              >
                              > I hope it helps!
                              >
                              > Beijos,
                              > Carla Arena
                              > http://carlaarena.com
                              >
                              > On Tuesday, August 27, 2013, Patricia Glogowski wrote:
                              >
                              >> **
                              >>

                              >> Dear All,
                              >>
                              >> I am looking for blogs on mobile language learning. Any recommendations?
                              >> Thank you.
                              >>
                              >> Patricia

                            • fatemah nami
                              Message 14 of 15 , Aug 28, 2013
                                Dear Helen, Vance, Teresa,
                                Christine, and Cintia,

                                Once again I should extend my deepest thanks to you for your participation in the survey and the constructive comments you provided. I have
                                Been working on this survey for about 6 months and the main purpose of asking
                                You people have a look at it was obtained feedback from a group of professionals. I have developed a taxonomy regarding the technology-related knowledge
                                and the skills required for effective computer-assisted language learning as a part of my dissertation research project. These include: basic technology, technology-related pedagogical, technology-related classroom management, ethics of technology, and technology affordance knowledge and skills. The survey aims to explore respondents’ knowledge on these five areas. The demographic information in the first section of the survey will also be used to make comparisons regarding the relationship between age and prior teaching and/or learning experiences with each of the variables.

                                I am going to use your responses in order to further refine the questions. You’re right. A number of questions seem redundant. I will do an exploratory factor analysis to eliminate such questions. I will report the results as soon as the work is done.
                                Warmly,
                                Fatemeh Nami

                              • mbarek akaddar