RE: [evonline2002_webheads] Learning2gether this summer

  • mbarek akaddar
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 15, 2013
      Happy holidays Vance ! Hugs Mbarek

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 15, 2014
        Hi everyone, Sun Jul 20 1400 GMT Learning2gether will try to instigate some reflection on the summer of RSCON5 and TTO MOOC, and whatever our PLN has been up to.

        Many of us are anticipating summer holidays, some like me are traveling and can't connect with all the events happening this summer whenever they happen to be synchronously online. From a presenter's or participants point of view, even if you did connect, perhaps you didn't have time to explore or explain your topic in detail, or perhaps there was too little time to discuss it in the limited time allowed.

        If you can relate to the educators' dilemma in the paragraph above and would like to take a moment to join us to revisit or reflect on topics of interest to you, whether as a presenter or participant, or both, in either of the events mentioned above, or any other you have enjoyed this summer, please join us at 1400 GMT this Sunday July 20. We are going To The Ocean, to the virtual beach, spread a virtual beach mat, maybe kick a few beach balls around, and share stories, data, whatever.

        Hangout or Bb/Collaborate Elluminate?  Any preference? As RSCON5 was held in that environment, should we just go there? Why not, anyone can join, and its mat spreads well at the beach. It is summertime, let's meet there then, shall we?

        Blackboard Collaborate (Elluminate)
        Thanks to an ongoing grant from http://www.learningtimes.com/

        When - 1400 GMT for one or two hours, depending on interest

        Dress comfortably, come as you are, all are welcome, hope to see you there

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 15, 2014
          Hi just an addendum to the program, I realized when I checked my inbox I had forgot to mention MMVC14, but I've rectified that now on the wiki and will include MMVC14 in the social media announcements I'll try and get out tomorrow.

          So if you'd like to pop by on Sunday and say something nice or something erudite about RSCON, TOO MOOC or MMVC14 and anything else I've forgot to mention, please do.

          I'll be online from 1400 GMT Sunday in Elluminate, details at

          Vance

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 17, 2014
            Hi all,

            Even more addenda. Jason Levine has announced yet another MOOC, the iTDi Summer School Mooc For English Teachers. As with similar endeavors, this one takes place in WizIQ and is free, but open only to registrants in the MOOC at http://bit.ly/iTDiSummerSchoolMOOC. However, the slate of remarkable speakers makes enrollment worthwhile and starts Sunday with Jason's opening at 12:30 and Vicky Loras's keynote at 13:00 GMT.

            Jason said he might hang around backstage for our 1400 GMT event, which I've announced here and posted at our Facebook and Google+ communities with the following text:

            #Learning2gether is meeting this Sunday July 20. The topic is to catch our breaths and consolidate our thoughts on all the learning opportunities that have been on offer this summer, many archived at http://learning2gether.net. These include the recent #RSCON5 conference, the ongoing #MMVC14 online conference, and #TTOMOOC just wrapping up. Plus we meet the hour after Vicky Loras's opening keynote for the #iTDiMOOC starting Sunday through August 17. Our meeting time is 1400 GMT, in Blackboard Collaborate (Elluminate) http://learningtimesevents.org/webheads/. Whether you are an organizer, presenter, or participant, or simply interested in these proceedings, you are welcome to join us and share your thoughts. More info at http://tinyurl.com/learning2gether.

            Hope to see you there,

            Vance