Learning2gether this summer

    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 15 9:53 AM
      Dear friends and colleagues,

      Learning2gether just enjoyed another very interesting session yesterday,
      with Claude Almansi and Lucia Bartolotti discussing their work with Amara
      and using media caption tools in language learning. You can find the
      YouTube recording of the hangout as well as an mp3 you can download here:
      http://learning2gether.net/2013/07/15/learning2gether-with-claude-almansi-and-lucia-bartolotti-about-amara-and-media-caption-tools/

      This will be the last Learning2gether session I will be able to host for
      the next few weeks. Fortunately Benjamin Stewart, coordinator of TILL
      (Teachers for Interactive Language Learning), a Google+ community with 317
      members <https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/106289715383230353120> has
      stepped up to the plate. He has offered next Sunday, at 1400 GMT, to
      conduct a hangout on Gamification.

      When I am organizing things, whatever my method, it is consistent, and many
      of you have been able to locate our hangouts. I have tried to work things
      where people wishing to see what�s coming up on L2G can visit these links,
      http://learning2gether.net to start with, and from the ABOUT tab be linked
      to http://learning2gether.pbworks.com From there you can reach the direct
      link:
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#Nextupcomingevents

      Here you'll find the countdown starting with Benjamin's session on July 21.
      Next up is Jeremy Harmer on July 27 entertaining IATEFL, ( won't be
      archived on L2G because recordings are password protected) but worth going
      if you're free.

      Next you come to an entry which you can reach on this direct link, about
      summertime no host events:
      http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#SunJuly28throughMonAugust12Summertimenohostevents

      This explains how you can find our events through our websites as outlined
      above, but also for the summer, you can check:

      - At the Google Doc Benjamin created for the summer:
      https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oUAcp8pVZP0AYsuKFFQ_WTAOcYFha8LTXAmf-KyEJxA/edit?hl=en&forcehl=1

      - or on the Webheads list (anyone can view messages, they are public)

      I'll be back mid August and expect to host Cintia Costa and her students
      from Amazonia in an event Aug 18, time to be announced.

      Have a great summer everyone

      --
      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 15 10:11 AM
        Have a great and well-deserved vacation, Vance! :-)

        Thanks for everything!

        Hugs, Teresa

        On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 5:53 PM, Vance Stevens <vancestev@...> wrote:

        > Dear friends and colleagues,
        >
        > ... < snip >
        > I'll be back mid August and expect to host Cintia Costa and her students
        > from Amazonia in an event Aug 18, time to be announced.
        >
        > Have a great summer everyone
        >
        > --
        > Vance Stevens
        > http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
        > http://learning2gether.net

      • Maria Bossa
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 15 10:16 AM
          Hi dear Vance!
          Hope you enjoy your holidays a lot!!! You deserve them :)
          See you when you are backTons of smiles,Maria :)

          Smiles, Maria

        • mbarek akaddar
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 15 11:19 AM
            Happy holidays Vance ! Hugs Mbarek

            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 15 2:15 PM
              Hi everyone, Sun Jul 20 1400 GMT Learning2gether will try to instigate some reflection on the summer of RSCON5 and TTO MOOC, and whatever our PLN has been up to.

              Many of us are anticipating summer holidays, some like me are traveling and can't connect with all the events happening this summer whenever they happen to be synchronously online. From a presenter's or participants point of view, even if you did connect, perhaps you didn't have time to explore or explain your topic in detail, or perhaps there was too little time to discuss it in the limited time allowed.

              If you can relate to the educators' dilemma in the paragraph above and would like to take a moment to join us to revisit or reflect on topics of interest to you, whether as a presenter or participant, or both, in either of the events mentioned above, or any other you have enjoyed this summer, please join us at 1400 GMT this Sunday July 20. We are going To The Ocean, to the virtual beach, spread a virtual beach mat, maybe kick a few beach balls around, and share stories, data, whatever.

              Hangout or Bb/Collaborate Elluminate?  Any preference? As RSCON5 was held in that environment, should we just go there? Why not, anyone can join, and its mat spreads well at the beach. It is summertime, let's meet there then, shall we?

              Blackboard Collaborate (Elluminate)
              Thanks to an ongoing grant from http://www.learningtimes.com/

              When - 1400 GMT for one or two hours, depending on interest

              Dress comfortably, come as you are, all are welcome, hope to see you there

              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 15 5:34 PM
                Hi just an addendum to the program, I realized when I checked my inbox I had forgot to mention MMVC14, but I've rectified that now on the wiki and will include MMVC14 in the social media announcements I'll try and get out tomorrow.

                So if you'd like to pop by on Sunday and say something nice or something erudite about RSCON, TOO MOOC or MMVC14 and anything else I've forgot to mention, please do.

                I'll be online from 1400 GMT Sunday in Elluminate, details at

                Vance

                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 17 9:05 PM
                  Hi all,

                  Even more addenda. Jason Levine has announced yet another MOOC, the iTDi Summer School Mooc For English Teachers. As with similar endeavors, this one takes place in WizIQ and is free, but open only to registrants in the MOOC at http://bit.ly/iTDiSummerSchoolMOOC. However, the slate of remarkable speakers makes enrollment worthwhile and starts Sunday with Jason's opening at 12:30 and Vicky Loras's keynote at 13:00 GMT.

                  Jason said he might hang around backstage for our 1400 GMT event, which I've announced here and posted at our Facebook and Google+ communities with the following text:

                  #Learning2gether is meeting this Sunday July 20. The topic is to catch our breaths and consolidate our thoughts on all the learning opportunities that have been on offer this summer, many archived at http://learning2gether.net. These include the recent #RSCON5 conference, the ongoing #MMVC14 online conference, and #TTOMOOC just wrapping up. Plus we meet the hour after Vicky Loras's opening keynote for the #iTDiMOOC starting Sunday through August 17. Our meeting time is 1400 GMT, in Blackboard Collaborate (Elluminate) http://learningtimesevents.org/webheads/. Whether you are an organizer, presenter, or participant, or simply interested in these proceedings, you are welcome to join us and share your thoughts. More info at http://tinyurl.com/learning2gether.

                  Hope to see you there,

                  Vance

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 23 10:35 PM
                    Hi everyone,

                    I'm on Penang where my son Dusty will have a wedding ceremony tomorrow.

                    Last weekend before flying over here we experienced a wonderful 5 day series of webinars put on by Shelly Terrell and her crew. I blogged what I gleaned from it at http://learning2gether.net/2015/07/21/learning2gether-july-16-20-with-the-30-goals-challenge-free-online-econference/ but the best place to peruse the archive is on the conference site archive http://www.30goals.com/conference.html.

                    On Sunday July 26 Learning2gether will be hosted by Ljubica Damevska and Sabrina Wilson. The topic is Tandem MOOC which Ljubica is researching as a grad student. The event takes place at 1400 UTC in Bb Collaborate /
                    Elluminate http://webheads.learningtimesevents.org/.  As always there is more information here: http://tinyurl.com/learning2gether

                    After this L2g might take a couple of weeks off, but we'll be back for Nellie Deutsch's Aug 7-9 Moodle Moot MMVC15
                    More on that when the time comes, and hope to see you online this summer,
                  • mbarin623
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 23 11:17 PM
                      Hi dear Vance and Bobbi.Congratulations because of Dustin's wedding.I myself and my family wish them happiness,joy and success in their life. Warm wishes and Regards.Morteza Barin.

                      Sent from my Samsung device

                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 23 11:35 PM
                        Summer is a long way off where I am :)

[...]

                        Avast logo

                      • Müzeyyen Aykac
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 24 2:38 AM
                          Hi Vance
                          Wish your son Dustin and his family a great life together...

                          Kimden: 'Michael Coghlan' michaelc@... [evonline2002_webheads]
                          Gönderme tarihi: ‎24.‎7.‎2015 09:35
                          Kime: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 24 8:01 AM
                            Hi Vance,

                            Kimden: 'Michael Coghlan' michaelc@... [evonline2002_webheads]
                            Gönderme tarihi: ‎24.‎7.‎2015 09:35
                            Kime: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com

[...]

                          • Maria Irene Albers
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 24 3:15 PM
                              Hi Vance,
                              I´m sorry for not completing the previous message. I wish the very best for your son and his wife, as well as for your whole family.
                              Cheers,

                              María Irene Albers de Urriola
                              Departamento de Idiomas Modernos
                              Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
                              Universidad de Carabobo

                              Kimden: 'Michael Coghlan' michaelc@... [evonline2002_webheads]
                              Gönderme tarihi: ‎24.‎7.‎2015 09:35
                              Kime: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 24 4:51 PM
                                Hi Vance,

                                Happy wedding to your son Dustin!

                                Mbarek

                                To: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com

                                Kimden: 'Michael Coghlan' michaelc@... [evonline2002_webheads]
                                Gönderme tarihi: ‎24.‎7.‎2015 09:35
                                Kime: evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com

                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 25 3:12 AM
                                  Vance,

                                  Wishing all the best to Dusty who we met at a couple of TESOL Conventions as a teenager. Time does fly... And to his bride!

                                  Enjoy!

                                  Hugs  Teresa

                                  On Friday, July 24, 2015, Vance Stevens vancestev@... [evonline2002_webheads] <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                  Hi everyone,

                                  I'm on Penang where my son Dusty will have a wedding ceremony tomorrow.

                                  Sent from my iPhone
                                • ehansonsmi
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jul 25 11:51 AM
                                    Congrats to you and family, Vince --
                                    It's quite a milestone! Are you going to be a grandpa soon??
                                    --Elizabeth
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jul 25 9:34 PM
                                      Dear webheads,

                                      The happy couple are now in a life of legally wedded bliss (actually, they were legally married by a justice of the peace in Australia so they could get their visas for Doha - this was the big ceremony for the parents in Malaysia).

                                      Bobbi and I did broach with them the issue of grandchildren but only jokingly at this stage.

                                      If you follow Bobbi or me on Facebook you'll find pictures of the wedding. There are pictures there of our granddaugher by our first son, who was the ringbearer at her uncle's wedding.

                                      Thanks for all your greetings.

                                      By chance, Ali Bostangioglu has asked me to help proofread a draft of one chapter of his dissertation and one of the points he makes about our group, and perhaps one of the reasons we have been viable for so long, is that we not only share with one another professionally, but also socially.

                                      I suppose that's why our YahooGroup remains such an important vehicle for this group. It's a channel not only for information useful for our practice but, in the way we use it, for conveying our joys and sorrows as well.

                                      This YGroup started two years before FB was invented, but for us it has been FB without the pictures, though our posts have often been accompanied by links to pictures, and recounts of f2f and virtual meetings.

                                      Off to join my granddaughter at the beach now.

                                      Goodbye from Penang, Malaysia, but if you want to meet up with us later today, see http://tinyurl.com/learning2gether for where I'll be Sunday July 26 1400 UTC, Learning2gether with Ljubica Damevska and Sabrina Wilson and on Tandem MOOC. It's in Elluminate http://webheads.learningtimesevents.org/

                                      hugs,
                                      Vance

                                      On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 10:51 PM, ehansonsmi@... [evonline2002_webheads] <evonline2002_webheads@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                                      Congrats to you and family, Vince --
                                      It's quite a milestone! Are you going to be a grandpa soon??
                                      --Elizabeth

                                    • eannegrenoble
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jul 27 1:00 PM
                                        Well, well well - TWO weddings ... I think they're a luck couple. It is a special time when standing up an announcing one's intentions - whether in an office in Australia or at a super party in Malaysia - and so great getting all the families & friends together,  ...and must say...  I agree - you look good in a white shirt. ;-)
                                        The main advantage of the YG is that it is so much more private than FB ... although I enjoyed seeing the photos.
                                        Amitiés
                                        ElizA