Re: [multilit] Learning2gether Session with Banjamin Stewart

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2013
      Thanks for the comments,

      Just so everyone knows what we're talking about, here is the recording of
      our event yesterday. Benjamin Stewart showed us around Canvas and
      explained how he uses the free version and learns how to use it through a
      Canvas MOOC, very interesting, many of us considering this with respect to
      Moodle

      http://learning2gether.net/2013/06/30/benjamin-stewart-on-till-and-mooc-content-designs-participation/

      Why not post your comments on the blog, or at one of the Google+
      communities? I just started one at Learning2gether and I see that you and
      Benjamin are both members
      https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109504049211076695836

      Thanks for participating, and for keeping the conversation going,

      Vance

      --
      Vance Stevens
      http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com

    • Luis Arnoldo Ordoñez Vela
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2013
        Thank you Vance, you deserve the Nobel's peace prize for being able to put
        together all these fine people from all over the world to learn together
        about such interesting topics.
        Would like to invite you, Benjamin Stewart and anybody interested, to a
        group I just created to study cultural matters on knowledge mobilization in
        societies. The main poin being that internet as such is not a warrant for
        knowledge transfer, it works depending upon the culture (in
        mucro-sociological terms) of the particular society.
        Wjat we expect to relect upon is about latin-american culture and the
        bottle necks we find when trying to mobilize knowledge (in the K* sense) to
        solve health, poverty and what have you kind of problems,
        Although the group works in spanish, I strongly encourage other language
        speaking people interested in the topic, so that they experience the
        tradukka "trauma" (I think what it is, but !what a mess!) and tell us about
        how to handle it. The idea is ti to have as diverse a group as possible,
        both from professional background and activity, aa from country of origin
        and work.
        Please make sure this message gets to Benjamin
        Regards to all webheads
        LO

        2013/6/30 Vance Stevens <vancestev@...>

        > Thanks for the comments,
        >
        > Just so everyone knows what we're talking about, here is the recording of
        > our event yesterday. Benjamin Stewart showed us around Canvas and
        > explained how he uses the free version and learns how to use it through a
        > Canvas MOOC, very interesting, many of us considering this with respect to
        > Moodle
        >

        > http://learning2gether.net/2013/06/30/benjamin-stewart-on-till-and-mooc-content-designs-participation/
        >
        > Why not post your comments on the blog, or at one of the Google+
        > communities? I just started one at Learning2gether and I see that you and
        > Benjamin are both members
        > https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109504049211076695836
        >
        > Thanks for participating, and for keeping the conversation going,
        >
        > Vance
        >

        > On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 6:42 PM, mariacolussa <mariacolussa@...
        > >wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Some things I forgot to ask/mention during the session because there was
        > > such an interesting conversation going on were:
        > > 1.What is the theory behind connectivity, I wanted to ask Benjaming since
        > > he mentioned he was carring out a research.
        > > 2.Marilina Lonigro was concerned about LMS and emails: I asked my friends
        > > who are working with students your age and Edmodo seems to be a good
        > > option, it does not require students emails, you can create small groups
        > > for students collaboration too!
        > >

        > --
        > Vance Stevens
        > http://adVancEducation.blogspot.com
        > http://vancesdiveblogs.blogspot.com

        Luis Ordóñez

      • Vance
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2013
          Hi everyone,

          This is a reminder that Learning2gether is on Monday this week
          http://learning2gether.pbworks.com/w/page/32206114/volunteersneeded#Nextupcomingevents

          When? 1400 GMT Monday July 8
          http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Learning2gether+with+J%C3%B3zsef+Horv%C3%A1th+on+Social+Network+Management&iso=20130708T14&ah=1

          József Horváth will be discussing Social Network Management
          How to use social networking to attract communities to your endeavors and passions

          Where? Google Hangout
          More info will appear shortly at http://webheadsinaction.org/live

          What is this about?
          József Horváth has been proposed as social networking manager for TESL-EJ. He leads many social networking undertakings; for instance, his podcast page (http://jozsefhor.podomatic.com/) is a very active one with interviews and lectures on many scholarly and social topics. Also, his YouTube page (http://www.youtube.com/user/JozsefHorvath?feature=watch) contains videos on many similar issues, especially the `picnic in the punctuation park' project (http://youtu.be/4Bq_X_Kg2Kc ).

          You are welcome to join us in this discussion of how we might manage, massage, and manipulate our social media and communities in ways that best promote the shared goals of all concerned,