Karin Tirasin and Cigdem Buke Ugur (with apologies for removal of diacrtics) LT reccording of webinar on the use of cell phones in enhancing language learning in the classroom

  • Dennis Newson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2013
      Apologies for cross-posting.

      I would particularly like to warmly recommend that people watch the
      recording of the following webinar on cell phones and language learning -
      though I am unsure if it is open or restricted to members of the SIG that
      organised it. - IATEFL Learning Technology.

      1. The actual recording has excellent sound and changes smoothly from
      presentation to screen sharing/videos .Very competntly produced.
      2. There was a recorded useful, informative discussion after the
      presentation.
      3. The two presenters not only covered the pedagogy, but also issues of
      security and dealing with the administration for the use of cell phones in
      class:
      $: The recording contains short interviews with the students on their
      reaction to the project..
      6. It is an excellent example of a well-thought out, well planned use of
      often available technology for use in enhancing (note the word - not
      'exclusive') language teaching and learning.
      7. Finally, notice the project was carried out by two teachers working
      together i.e. team teaching - something that it is always worth fighting
      for.

      Dear all,

      Last weekend's webinar Using cell phones with language learners by Karin
      Tirasin & Cigdum Ugur was great! If you missed it or want to watch it
      again, the recording is already available
      iatefl.adobeconnect.com/p6b9aa8f502/

      Best,
      Vicky Saumell
      Community Manager

      *

      *Dennis Newson*
      Formerly : University of Osnabrueck, GERMANY
      Committee member | IATEFL: YLTSIG,GISIG

      Winner British Council ELT 05 Innovation Award

      Personal homepage <http://www.dennisnewson.de/>

      Skype: *Osnacantab*
      Second Life: *Osnacantab Nesterov*